• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

People with Diners Club Black card. How and where are you using your card ?

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello everyone,

I was wondering how folks with Diners Club Black are using it. I have a DCB LTF card which I use mostly on HDFC smartbuy , some online websites and very few offline locations as the acceptance is low.

Looking forward to know some other places where I can use the card.

I'm also in the same boat contemplating whether or not to go for Magnus. Already have a LTF DCB. Seeing the flight fares shoot up by almost 70% and WFHs also ending, I could really use the extra 20k miles. But considering rent doesn't count towards 1lakh monthly spends and doesn't give RPs, it will be hard to reach the 1lakh target. If BharatNxt is patched then have then most will fail to reach the 1lakh limit. Hence the conundrum.

I'm also in the same boat contemplating whether or not to go for Magnus. Already have a LTF DCB. Seeing the flight fares shoot up by almost 70% and WFHs also ending, I could really use the extra 20k miles. But considering rent doesn't count towards 1lakh monthly spends and doesn't give RPs, it will be hard to reach the 1lakh target. If BharatNxt is patched then have then most will fail to reach the 1lakh limit. Hence the conundrum.
You do not even need to reach monthly milestone

Booking from traveledge gives 5X, Amazon shopping and flopkart gives 5X too

At the end this card comes with a 10k voucher for it's joining fees - if you think that is not a good deal then idk

At the end this card comes with a 10k voucher for it's joining fees - if you think that is not a good deal then idk
All above points are accepted sir :( But for every edgepoints we have to fight with the Customer Support team...Unrealistic responses
And my understanding award fligt booking is bit devalued now for domestic

All above points are accepted sir :( But for every edgepoints we have to fight with the Customer Support team...Unrealistic responses
And my understanding award fligt booking is bit devalued now for domestic
Burgundy helpline is actually a lot better than what people think of it but yes Axis is very poor in crediting points

Most important thing is keeping an excel for all the spends - which i personally think is a good habit to track expenses

For example

1678848404887.png
The situation for domestic award flites is almost the same it was 6 months ago

Please let me know if you are trying for Magnus. Just want to see how smooth the process would be with Axis.

Like I said I already have a DCB LTF, so in terms of vouchers and flight bookings I don't think it will be much of a difference (~1%). The place where it wins hands down over DCB (or any other card in that respect) is the monthly milestone benefit.

Like I said I already have a DCB LTF, so in terms of vouchers and flight bookings I don't think it will be much of a difference (~1%). The place where it wins hands down over DCB (or any other card in that respect) is the monthly milestone benefit.
DCB afaik has a capping on smart buy , for magnus there is no such capping on traveledge

I currently hold 2 Diners black LTF cards with shared limit of >10 lacs. Is it possible to get upgrade to Infinia LTF? Did anyone here manage to get this kind of upgrade?

buy amazon pay gift vouchers, amazon gift card vouchers each month from smartbuy, instead of shopping directly on amazon. same with myntra and flipkart. unless there is no other discount, these give an effective cashback of around 10%. so if you are buying something on amazon for say 200 rupees, use your gift card balance as there is hardly any discount on any other card for such a low value transaction.

also use swiggy dineout for restaurant dining and pay with dcb on the app..i am getting around 30% off using that.
How do we get 10% cashback (effective) by buying a amazon gift voucher from smart buy and loading the same on amazon pay wallet?

How do we get 10% cashback (effective) by buying a amazon gift voucher from smart buy and loading the same on amazon pay wallet?
as replied by @Morpheusarch above.

important to note that 10% is for amazon shopping gift cards, and not amazon pay gift cards.
for amazon pay gift cards, the effective rate is between 8.5 to 8.75% roughly, based on the platform fees that are charged. still worth it.

Back