• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Personalized account number

yb24

TF Premier
Hello everybody,
Can anyone tell me that which bank other than hdfc provide me personalized account number,i want to open a account for stock market my primary account for stock market is hdfc already but that investment is family investment and I want to open a account for personal investment.can anybody suggest me which bank will be suitable and handle high volume transaction without freezing the account.
I was thinking for kotak

Solution
My branch is semi urban and what about maintenance I can't maintenance fix amount, sometimes in lakhs and sometimes zero
Bhai open 25 k max account or 5k normal account
Just fund 5 lakh for my choice number.
If they also promote you to imperia.fine
Or just take preferred.

Don't take too much stress on downgrade or maintanence.

Maintain 5k 10k or what u want to
Hello everybody,
Can anyone tell me that which bank other than hdfc provide me personalized account number,i want to open a account for stock market my primary account for stock market is hdfc already but that investment is family investment and I want to open a account for personal investment.can anybody suggest me which bank will be suitable and handle high volume transaction without freezing the account.
I was thinking for kotak
Indusind but won't suggest to open account there...

By the way very good topic!!👍👍
Following it!!

Hello everybody,
Freezing depends upon your profile, nature of account & txns and account variant.
I was thinking for kotak
Whch account specifically in Kotak, other than 811?

Hello everybody,
I was thinking for kotak
Open hdfc 2nd account.with 5 lakh funding..
Ask for personalised account number+ imperia banking

Hello everybody,
I was thinking for kotak
Jana . .

Why do you need a personalised account number ? You can't choose your trading number, you cant choose your demat number, yiu cant choose your PAN or your Aadhaar.

Why for a SB account - which anyway will be accessed thru APPs/INB and you need not remember it. Most of the debit / credit trxns are UPI initiated - with customized UPI IDs.

And,moreover, all APPs nowadays are using biometric/fingerprint logins.

Can you explain why you need such a custom number?

I have known people get their vehicles same number, but it seems you might be after same account number in different banks.

Regardless, other than what members have suggested, IOB also offers My Account My Name utility.
But its a PSU and will have strict AMB requirements. Also might not be serviceable in your area.

Why do you need a personalised account number ? You can't choose your trading number, you cant choose your demat number, yiu cant choose your PAN or your Aadhaar.

Why for a SB account - which anyway will be accessed thru APPs/INB and you need not remember it. Most of the debit / credit trxns are UPI initiated - with customized UPI IDs.

And,moreover, all APPs nowadays are using biometric/fingerprint logins.

Can you explain why you need such a custom number?
I have multiple bank account and it become hard to remember the account number of all accounts so that's why only

Not available in my area and very less branches available
How does that matter nowadays ?
There is no need for you to go a branch for each trading trxn.

Open trading/demat with 5Paisa or Zerodha and attach any bank account.

If you can't maintain even minimum balance, then go in for NSDL Account. Attach it to 5Paisa or Zaroda (or any other trading) account.

I have known people get their vehicles same number, but it seems you might be after same account number in different banks.

Regardless, other than what members have suggested, IOB also offers My Account My Name utility.
But its a PSU and will have strict AMB requirements. Also might not be serviceable in your area.
There is iob bank near me but psu bank services are horrible and there is no benefit of opening account with them

How does that matter nowadays ?
There is no need for you to go a branch for each trading trxn.

Open trading/demat with 5Paisa or Zerodha and attach any bank account.

If you can't maintain even minimum balance, then go in for NSDL Account. Attach it to 5Paisa or Zaroda (or any other trading) account.
These online banks and payments Bank can't be trusted at all.I had heard many such instances on this community where people bank accounts are freezed without any information

My branch is semi urban and what about maintenance I can't maintenance fix amount, sometimes in lakhs and sometimes zero
Bhai open 25 k max account or 5k normal account
Just fund 5 lakh for my choice number.
If they also promote you to imperia.fine
Or just take preferred.

Don't take too much stress on downgrade or maintanence.

Maintain 5k 10k or what u want to

Solution
Okay lets discuss point by point..

Freezing of account

1) This generally happens with small sized banks ,because they are relatively risk averse
2) Your profile details at the time of account opening plays a key role here.. Depending upon your details they categorise your profile on different risk levels..
for example: your occupation details and yearly income is at lower levels and you perform very high level transactions, then obviously the account will be frozen
3) Mode of account opening: If you open a digital account , this has more risk of getting frozen

Coming back to which bank has customised account number provision?.

Our comrades had already given a couple of options.. you found some reasons to rule them out..
okay let us do the other way..

Give us the list of the Banks you would like to have an account with them...
then we will tell if they have customised account number option or not..

Last edited:
Back