• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Personalized account number

yb24

TF Premier
Hello everybody,
Can anyone tell me that which bank other than hdfc provide me personalized account number,i want to open a account for stock market my primary account for stock market is hdfc already but that investment is family investment and I want to open a account for personal investment.can anybody suggest me which bank will be suitable and handle high volume transaction without freezing the account.
I was thinking for kotak

Solution
My branch is semi urban and what about maintenance I can't maintenance fix amount, sometimes in lakhs and sometimes zero
Bhai open 25 k max account or 5k normal account
Just fund 5 lakh for my choice number.
If they also promote you to imperia.fine
Or just take preferred.

Don't take too much stress on downgrade or maintanence.

Maintain 5k 10k or what u want to
Why do you need a personalised account number ? You can't choose your trading number, you cant choose your demat number, yiu cant choose your PAN or your Aadhaar.

Why for a SB account - which anyway will be accessed thru APPs/INB and you need not remember it. Most of the debit / credit trxns are UPI initiated - with customized UPI IDs.

And,moreover, all APPs nowadays are using biometric/fingerprint logins.

Can you explain why you need such a custom number?
On top of it, scammers might use account numbers similar to merchants and open up another Pandora box of scams.

Okay lets discuss point by point..

Freezing of account

1) this generally happens with small sized banks ,because they are relatively risk averse
2)Your profile details at the time of account opening plays a key role here.. Depending upon your details they categorise your profile on different risk levels..
for example: your occupation details and yearly income is at lower levels and you perform very high level transactions, then obviously the account will be frozen
3)Mode of account opening: If you open a digital account , this has more risk of getting frozen

Coming back to which bank has customised account number provision.

Our comrades had already given a couple of options.. you found some reasons to rule them out..
okay let us do the other way..

Give us the list of the Banks you like to have an account with them...
then we will tell if they have customised account number option or not..
Exactly compact and presise

• Lovely
Reactions: SSV
Why do you need a personalised account number ? You can't choose your trading number, you cant choose your demat number, yiu cant choose your PAN or your Aadhaar.

Why for a SB account - which anyway will be accessed thru APPs/INB and you need not remember it. Most of the debit / credit trxns are UPI initiated - with customized UPI IDs.

And,moreover, all APPs nowadays are using biometric/fingerprint logins.

Can you explain why you need such a custom number?
Besides same number in multiple accounts may create confusions.
Like my indusind advantage and indie both account ends with same four digits. When I am trying to transfer fund It makes confusion because both numbers are same.
So one account with personalized number for showcase is good. But for multiple accounts different is better.

Also technically, they follow some encoding techniques to generate those for sake of tracking etc, and giving end user an option to choose defeats the purpose.

When given an option to choose most will choose their number as DoBs or Car registration numbers etc, scammers can abuse this.

On top of it, scammers might use account numbers similar to merchants and open up another Pandora box of scams.

Not just scammers. If we need to screw up someone's account, it is easy once we get hold their account number.

If anyone is still looking to keep their mobile number as account number, check out Airtel payments Bank digital savings account. There are some charges and it is okay for low volume transactions. Might offer some benefits for Airtel users.

Thread with similar topic:

Thread with similar topic:

I have already read it but responses were very low that's why I posted new thread

Their app is mental harrasment.
How do u guys bear with it or u love it bcz of co owner feature
i have explored all features in the app. while i agree it's not modern looking like axis, there's not a single bug in the app that disallows a user from performing any fuctionality (unlike other apps from major banks). ill take reliability over ui/ux experience any day.

what is co owner? :unsure:

So today I visited the kotak bank and they are offering personalized account number for 2 lakh initial funding and 50k mab.I didn't negotiated with him as I was in hurry I think he will be convinced with 1 lakh initial funding

Back