• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Phantom Award Space and how to avoid them.

CARDBITRAGE

TF Ace
Hello TF community members. What a thrilling time it is with Axis's range of cards getting popularized for its ability to earn a more than decent reward rate and the ability to transfer those points to some sought-after loyalty programs. I know most of us have a lot of points lying around and are trying to find the optimum ways to spend those points through various loyalty programs. Now imagine the frustration of transferring your points to a specific FFP only to realise that those points cannot be utilized as the airline erroneously listed award seats on their site. This is a dreadful situation that no one should face, so I request you to share any experience you've had in the past regarding Phantom award spaces and any pointers on how one can prepare to avoid such a situation. I feel this is an important topic a lot of us should be aware of, and I would appreciate it if the airline mile geeks on this forum throw some light on this topic.
@Tejas please share your valuable insights