• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning to switch salary acc

Planning to switch salary account from icici to hdfc for some time just to get ltf credit card.
Monthly salary credit of 1.3L +
Also should I wait for salary being 1.5L + and post then switch

Any suggestions..? Think to take care off..
Which card should I bargain etc ?

Many looking card for occasion sale offers and gv purchases and higher reward rate for normal expenses. Don't want to pay for card .. as annual expenses are not that much on credit card...

Not interested in travel related credit cards.

Last edited:
What are your primary expenses? Will you be travelling (flights/hotels)?

You don't really need a salary account for HDFC cards, just holding their account (Savings Max is decent) for a few months will trigger pre approved cards.

Will not be traveling..Updated the original post to share primary expenses.
Want to leverage salary account to get a headstart or better card for good cc as ltf...

You should consider SBI Cashback, HSBC Live+, Airtel Axis, and Au LIT even though they're chargeable as you can extract very good value.

To cover offers, you can get Axis Neo (if you don't get Airtel Axis), Kotak League, and ICICI HPCL or Coral (unless you already have something better). All of these should be LTF. You should also get SBI Simpliclick and some BoB card. Might be possible LTF, not sure.

@HumorSimpson @RajeshV ..I don't want to go with sbi as it disappointed me by apply RP forfeit charges for a transaction done 1 year back... I don't want a company who can honor there rewards and will come back to haunt you any time in the future. 1year is too much ... if it was 1 month it would have been ok. So I don't to go near sbi...

Kiwi ...I will be looking at...

I have amazon pay icici, and Multiple icici cards , Axis neo ,Myzone , fk so almost everything is covered...

rupay dc covers my bill payments...

Hdfc and hsbc is missing in my portfolio hence the query..
What would be the charges if I don't go with salary account with hdfc and will it delay or impact hdfc ltf cc offer ?

Planning to switch salary account from icici to hdfc for some time just to get ltf credit card.
Monthly salary credit of 1.3L +
Also should I wait for salary being 1.5L + and post then switch

Any suggestions..? Think to take care off..
Which card should I bargain etc ?

Many looking card for occasion sale offers and gv purchases and higher reward rate for normal expenses. Don't want to pay for card .. as annual expenses are not that much on credit card...

Not interested in travel related credit cards.
Will not make much difference, I have tried what you are trying to do rn :)

Ok!
The moment you create salary account with HDFC, you will start receiving promotional offer of 1500 (rn 2000) voucher on CC application.
You will apply through the link and you will see the cards for which you are eligible as per your salary credits (do this after atleast 1 salary is credited to your account).

Since your gross monthly income is between 1-1.5 lks, you will be upgraded to "Classic" banking program. Once you cross 1.5lks on monthly salary credit, you can work with your RM for an upgrade to "Preferred" banking.

The default eligible card till classic banking are mostly: Milennia, Regalia and Diners Club Priv. (at max with your luck you can grab Regallia Gold).
If you want to settle down with any of these cards, go ahead and take all the hassle for salary account change.

Since, I moved to preferred now I am trying to negotiate to ladder up and grab Diners Club Black and trust me its a big hassle, numerous fights and discussions.

Thanks @dravidsarang . So if I cross salary of 1.5 lks and directly in preferred banking so I would have more leverage and less hassle in getting better card then millenia maybe regalia gold or diners club black ? Which card do have currently ?

@HumorSimpson @RajeshV ..I don't want to go with sbi as it disappointed me by apply RP forfeit charges for a transaction done 1 year back... I don't want a company who can honor there rewards and will come back to haunt you any time in the future. 1year is too much ... if it was 1 month it would have been ok. So I don't to go near sbi...

Kiwi ...I will be looking at...

I have amazon pay icici, and Multiple icici cards , Axis neo ,Myzone , fk so almost everything is covered...

rupay dc covers my bill payments...

Hdfc and hsbc is missing in my portfolio hence the query..
What would be the charges if I don't go with salary account with hdfc and will it delay or impact hdfc ltf cc offer ?
You asked for cards to cover bank offers baba. SBI is the one that does that most often, so you'll be the one missing out, not them.

You could've mentioned your exisiting cards :P And there won't be any charges for HDFC and is unlikely to have any effect as long as you maintain a decent balance for a few months till you get the offer (it will most likely be Millennia or Regalia Gold).

With your salary in ICICI you will get sapphiro LTF. You try asking for emeralde LTF, but they won't give emeralde LTF. It might appear in imobile when your salary crosses 2L. (I think).

For hdfc, I think there is this card 4 card offline application, you can apply for regalia gold with your salary. (Not sure if c4c is still there. Check with a branch).

Just for hdfc card, don't open a salary account now. I am in the same boat.
You can also try hdfc swiggy card through swiggy app, it is being given LTF to many people now. Great cashback - as good as apay and SBI cashback.

Maybe federal celesta you can try, they are giving LTF.

Axis is not great in cust service, SBI you already know. Other banks are also equally not great I think. Stick to these icici and hdfc mostly.

Thanks @dravidsarang . So if I cross salary of 1.5 lks and directly in preferred banking so I would have more leverage and less hassle in getting better card then millenia maybe regalia gold or diners club black ? Which card do have currently ?
But I guess bank is no more issuing DCB as a LTF. You may get Regalia I think so. Later after spending using the card, you may get LTF based on your transactions

I currently have dcp and I am working on making 6lks spend this cycle so that I can apply for an upgrade to dcb.
The ultimate goal is to get Infinia but it requires a lot of effort, support from branch and eventually luck. Let’s see how it goes further

Back