• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Figuring out best salary account.

yeah same thoughts with select. also do we get preapproved card offers with the account or we need to chase RM back n forth everytime. Although RMs would be chasing us for Ulips and other shady stuff

i am about to get burgandy account with some relaxations of limit due to corporate tie-ups, but RM is adamant of giving Atlas LTF currently. She has promised with no surety of trying for it again in a month. is select LTF worth taking for or a wait for Atlas or Magnus is worth ? Looking for suggestions.

Thread 'Privilege vs Select (Curious Case)'

Basically even if you get, you won't use this card

H
I need to switch my salary account and I would appreciate help of the community to figure out which to choose or if you have better option.
Current salary account: Standard chartered bank 4+years no proper offers. cards they sometimes call but I just dont feel the worth of SC cards.

1. ICICI ( Wealth salary account)
    1. International world debit card
    2. Sapphiro credit card : LTF
  2. HDFC (Premium salary account)
    1. Platinum debit card
    2. regalia credit card: LTF
  3. Axis ( Priority salary account)
    1. priority debit card
    2. vistara forex card: LTF
    3. select Credit card: LTF
Basic Insurance and all is pretty similar. 0 minimum balance account and same free banking things.

which would be better to consider as the salary account. to me the credit limit might not matter as much as for others, I do understand good limit in these cards open possibilty to upgrade soon to higher card. But in terms of pure savings and spends which would be better salary account.
  • average usage of all my current card comes about 70-80K per month. I generally use mobikwik to pay them. dont use cred anymore as no cashback.

Main lookout for me is lounge access per say. but non of these fulfill the need properly so I am fine with all as such. I really love the ease of banking with icici so I am little bit inclined towards its but I want more informed approach from the community what would be better.

• Getting all 3 rubyx in my existing non salary account :LTF 2 different applications

just for reference the cards I own: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/list-of-card-i-own.25159/#post-596385

Card, limit, fees, age of card

1. Amex platinum travel, 4.9 lakh, 3500+gst, 4+ years
2. Amex mrcc, 50k, LTF, and 4+ years
3. Amazon Icici, 6.1 lakh, LTF, 6+ years
4. Icici coral hpcl visa, 6.1 lakh, 200rs +gst, waiver 50k spend, 8 years
5. Axis flipkart, 4.95 lakh, ltf, 5+ years
6. Idfc wealth, 7.1 lakh, ltf, 6 months
7. HDFC swiggy, 1 Lakh, 500rs, 4 months
How did you got amex mrcc as ltf?

Axis priority salary account doesn't fetch you a LTF select card. I recently opened this account, and multiple times I have asked my RM, if I could get any card LTF (except Neo and MYZONE(already holding it) ofcourse). But RM always declined.

Axis priority salary account doesn't fetch you a LTF select card. I recently opened this account, and multiple times I have asked my RM, if I could get any card LTF (except Neo and MYZONE(already holding it) ofcourse). But RM always declined.
Myzone and neo are better than select IMO

Valid point for sapphiro as it's decent for lifestyle benefits.
But coming to axis
It you can get atlas, it's one of the best cards out there and also has no restriction on lounge usage afaik.
Also 1% is priority salary account benefit and not debit card. Attached screenshot.
Got a big setback just now.

My wealth account got opened and they applied for saphhrio card. but sadly they are saying for now they can offer only FYF with specials approvals or LTF rubyx. the agent is saying she can try to get approval for LTF sapphiro after 4-5 months based on usage.

So basically I am back to square 1. don't know what to do. I told the lady clearly I dont want the bank account also then whats the point of wealth account without the sapphiro card.

so again need to look at asis & hdfc but I dont want to deal with them they lie a lot.

Got a big setback just now.

My wealth account got opened and they applied for saphhrio card. but sadly they are saying for now they can offer only FYF with specials approvals or LTF rubyx. the agent is saying she can try to get approval for LTF sapphiro after 4-5 months based on usage.

So basically I am back to square 1. don't know what to do. I told the lady clearly I dont want the bank account also then whats the point of wealth account without the sapphiro card.

so again need to look at asis & hdfc but I dont want to deal with them they lie a lot.
Sapphiro ltf can also be procured via company or college as well. Have you check once?

I would suggest axis, try negotiating with them.

Ill visit a axis branch today and see if they can offer better then corporate.
Axis is level 2 of sarkari banks. I would suggest to stay with ICICI or HDFC if you are looking for faster resolutions of your queries.

Axis is level 2 of sarkari banks. I would suggest to stay with ICICI or HDFC if you are looking for faster resolutions of your queries.
My experience with HDFC branch has been worse then SBI. and my sbi experience with specififc 3 branchs where I needed to visit has been amazing far better then any private banks.

Ill still check for both hdfc and axis in branch

Last edited:
IMO, banking experience completely depends on the individuals working in that particular branch irrespective if its HDFC/ ICICI/ SBI, etc.

See what's your requirements are and which bank executives are helpful and then take your call.

Last edited:
apart from their credit card offerings, any issues with Standard Chartered salary account?
Frankly nothing is bad, but nothing is good as well. You wont get many benefits.

But minimal calls, and no charges for anything as such.

People using lockersnand stuff might see lot of issues and i have never needed to visit bank as such or even needed to connect to customer care as such.

Back