• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please guide for Air Miles and Hotel Loyalty

herefordeals

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hi, I am totally new to this Air Miles and Hotel Loyalty points.
I need guidance from the experts which credit card can help me sponsor my one domestic holiday in a year ( 2 adult and 2 kids) with a spending of around 70-80 K per month.
@admin Please tag someone who is expert in this.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
I need guidance from the experts which credit card can help me sponsor my one domestic holiday in a year ( 2 adult and 2 kids) with a spending of around 70-80 K per month.

Done know which City you are from but if you are from Mumbai or Delhi, this will work 👇

Use a Combination of Amex Platinum Travel + Axis Vistara Signature / SBI Vistara Prime

Spend Rs. 4 Lacs on Amex Platinum Travel - Get Rs. 34,000 Worth Taj Vouchers.

Spend Rs. 4.5 Lacs on Axis Vistara Signature / SBI Vistara Prime - Get 4 Premium Economy Tickets.

herefordeals

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Done know which City you are from but if you are from Mumbai or Delhi, this will work 👇

Use a Combination of Amex Platinum Travel + Axis Vistara Signature / SBI Vistara Prime

Spend Rs. 4 Lacs on Amex Platinum Travel - Get Rs. 34,000 Worth Taj Vouchers.

Spend Rs. 4.5 Lacs on Axis Vistara Signature / SBI Vistara Prime - Get 4 Premium Economy Tickets.
Thanks for your reply. I am from Jaipur(Rajasthan). Any other card other than Amex from which I can book any other 3 star property using points, as I think 34K will not be sufficient for a 3-4 days domestic stay at Taj.
Also any other card on which if I spend more I can get more better rewards than this, please suggest that also so I'll shift my all spending to that card.

Last edited:

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Thanks for your reply. I am from Jaipur(Rajasthan). Any other card other than Amex from which I can book any other 3 star property using points, as I think 34K will not be sufficient for a 3-4 days domestic stay at Taj.
Also any other card on which if I spend more I can get more better rewards than this, please suggest that also so I'll shift my all spending to that card.
You can use TAJ Vouchers in Vivanta, SeleQtions and Gateway Properties too.

For the spend levels you have mentioned, this is the best option I can think of. There will be some outflow from Pocket. It cannot be 100% Free.

herefordeals

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
You can use TAJ Vouchers in Vivanta, SeleQtions and Gateway Properties too.

For the spend levels you have mentioned, this is the best option I can think of. There will be some outflow from Pocket. It cannot be 100% Free.
Thanks for your guidance and effort you made for resolving my queries.

CardScout

TF Buzz
Hello,
I would suggest to have Axis Magnus or HDFC DCB/Infinia/Marriott or a co-branded card for your regular spend. You'll get good points which can then be converted to most of the miles or hotel loyalty partner.
Also, you can keep checking for regular points buy from hotel chains. You might get good deals. Obviously you can opt that if you lack points.
As said by Tejas "It cannot be 100% Free."

herefordeals

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
@Tejas Hi, I want to book for 2 adult and 2 child (5 y & 7 y) but when I am searching on all accor every property is allowing only one child per room.

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Any other workaround, can I book one room with 2 adult and 1 child, then call the property and check if they can accommodate 2nd child in the same room.

Book 2 Adults & 1 Child (7 Year Old) and then drop an email to the hotel with the booking reference and request them to update the booking with 2nd Child.

If you need an additional bed, mention in the email accordingly. There will be charges for the additional bed.

VHARIA

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
You can also check Yes bank Reserv (with 3x subscription) or Marquee card. You get flexibility in terms of which airline to book

Get
1. Axis Atlas
2. Hdfc Diners club black
3. Airtel axis
4. Hdfc tata neu rupay

strategy to follow
1. Buy amazon pay vouchers worth 20k from Dcb in beginning of every month

2. Do maximum expenses from smartbuy platform via dcb.

3. Do all upi transactions from hdfc rupay card.

4. Do utility and airtel recharge from airtel
Card.

5. For all other expenses use axis atlas.

Above strategy will get you
A. flight ticket via hdfc point
B. Stay at accor/marriot via axis atlas
C. Cashback of 10k
D. Also a mobile every alternate year from croma.
bonus tip.
Pay all credit card bills via hdfc Platinum variant debit card and get 1% cashback points upto 750 per month in 1 account.

Over all with ais airtel and hdfc Platinum you will easily manage around 1500 per month . That will be 1500×12= 18000 cash per year.

From 20k amazon you will get around 2500×12= 30000 worth points which you can use to pay upto 70% of your flight booking amount .