• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please Help Recommending Me Better Credit Cards!!

keshavxd

TF Neo
Hi everyone,

I need some advice on card recommendations. I currently hold the Amex trifecta (Platinum Travel, Gold, MRCC) and have already hit the 4L milestone on the Platinum Travel Card. As a result, I'm not getting any significant benefits from using the Platinum Travel card post-milestone. The majority of my spending is on forex payments, for which I'm using the IndusInd Legend card because it has a low markup of 1.8%. However, it doesn't offer any major points or milestone benefits.

I had applied for the Axis Atlas card before it was devalued, but my application was rejected due to a delay in submitting the documents.

I'm looking for a card to use for my IndusInd payments that can provide more value, even if it has higher forex charges. Last year, I spent approximately 14 lakhs just on forex using the Legend card.

Currently, I hold the following cards and have noted their utility. Which of these do you think are not worth keeping?

- Amazon ICICI: 6-month no-cost EMI and 5% cashback on Amazon.
- Rubix ICICI (₹2000): Not much benefit, but it was my first credit card.
- HDFC Millenia (₹1000): No significant benefits.
- SBI BPCL (₹1500): BPCL petrol benefits.
- RBL Duet: Free card, no benefits.
- IndusInd Legend: Good for foreign spends, lifetime free.
- Freedom Card: UPI payments.
- AU Bank: 0% forex, lifetime free.

Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone,

I need some advice on card recommendations. I currently hold the Amex trifecta (Platinum Travel, Gold, MRCC) and have already hit the 4L milestone on the Platinum Travel Card. As a result, I'm not getting any significant benefits from using the Platinum Travel card post-milestone. The majority of my spending is on forex payments, for which I'm using the IndusInd Legend card because it has a low markup of 1.8%. However, it doesn't offer any major points or milestone benefits.

I had applied for the Axis Atlas card before it was devalued, but my application was rejected due to a delay in submitting the documents.

I'm looking for a card to use for my IndusInd payments that can provide more value, even if it has higher forex charges. Last year, I spent approximately 14 lakhs just on forex using the Legend card.

Currently, I hold the following cards and have noted their utility. Which of these do you think are not worth keeping?

Thanks for your help!
freedom and duet u can close if u want cibil leverage to be considered

You can consider RBL Safari credit card. They have 0 forex, and you can get 10k Taj/Myntra voucher on spends of 7.5 Lakh. Seems like it can fit your requirement. Additionally, you can also consider scapia as it also provides zero forex and decent returns. But I'm not sure if getting it is that easy. I've tried a couple of times and have got rejected.

You can consider RBL Safari credit card. They have 0 forex, and you can get 10k Taj/Myntra voucher on spends of 7.5 Lakh. Seems like it can fit your requirement. Additionally, you can also consider scapia as it also provides zero forex and decent returns. But I'm not sure if getting it is that easy. I've tried a couple of times and have got rejected.
Don't want to get RBL the experience hasn't been great with them, I'm thinking atlas /Olympus maybe. or something else I'm ready to pay 3.5% forex if the rate of return is good

Meant those are good cards
But Axis Bank delay in credit of Edge Rewards and asking sometimes invoice for proofs on personal spends are a bit discomforting
so can I proceed with the atlas? or is there any better card in the market and what are your thoughts on Olympus?

I'm looking for a card on which I can switch from Indusind (it has a low markup of 2% but no milestones and no 1% return apart from 2% saving on forex)

I can pay a high forex of 3.5% if the returns are higher than Indus deducting the annual fee.

Also, I want a card on which I can transfer my spending after hitting 4L on Plat travel

so can I proceed with the atlas? or is there any better card in the market and what are your thoughts on Olympus?

I'm looking for a card on which I can switch from Indusind (it has a low markup of 2% but no milestones and no 1% return apart from 2% saving on forex)

I can pay a high forex of 3.5% if the returns are higher than Indus deducting the annual fee.

Also, I want a card on which I can transfer my spending after hitting 4L on Plat travel
Atlas ok
Olympis ATM not open to apply as well as if u have education spending then atlas covers whereas olympus not

Olympus does not have any milestone rewards, and it's edge mile conversion is similar to atlas. So unless you prefer the lifestyle benefits that you get with it, it doesn't make sense. Atlas would be enough for you.
There are cards like plat charge and axis reserve that give you extra rewards on foreign payments, but I'm not sure if their fees can be justified.

Don't want to get RBL the experience hasn't been great with them, I'm thinking atlas /Olympus maybe. or something else I'm ready to pay 3.5% forex if the rate of return is good
Can you share your experience with rbl? As someone pointed out, axis does not have the best service either, and with the kind of spends you have, there might be a probability of your account being tracked/blocked.
Please check the forum for axis accounts blocked related issues before you go ahead once.

Which areas are you spending on Forex? Is it direct hotel / airline spends?

If not then Atlas will give you 4% miles and deduct 4.13% forex charges. Not worthwhile. Only on direct hotel / airline spends it gives 10%

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your help!
You should part ways with Rubyx ICICI and Freedom Card.

wait for LTF Cards and also try procuring something like Airtel Axis for utility billpayment its coming in RuPay solving UPI payment case as well.

Which areas are you spending on Forex? Is it direct hotel / airline spends?

If not then Atlas will give you 4% miles and deduct 4.13% forex charges. Not worthwhile. Only on direct hotel / airline spends it gives 10%
Shopping on foreign websites

Can you share your experience with rbl? As someone pointed out, axis does not have the best service either, and with the kind of spends you have, there might be a probability of your account being tracked/blocked.
Please check the forum for axis accounts blocked related issues before you go ahead once.
I had an RBL SuperCard. They gave me the card saying no renewal, just a one-time payment, and it had literally no benefits. The next year, they charged me a renewal fee. I told them about the false selling (since I was told no renewal) and asked them to close the account. They said they closed the card but instead blocked the card.

A few months later, I got a 20k INR bill from RBL for late payment fees and interest charges on that renewal fee I didn't pay. When I asked them about the same, they said the account is active, just that the card was blocked, and I have to pay the bill. Of course, I didn't pay, so for two months, they added interest and charges to the bill, calling me 4-5 times a day.

I visited a nearby RBL branch, and they said that since the card was in tie-up with Bajaj Finserv, a lot of false selling happens from Bajaj's end and they couldn't help. They asked me to reach out to the nodal officer or someone. After a month of emailing and taking a hit on my CIBIL score and mental health, they finally closed the account and waived all the charges.

So, I am definitely not looking forward to ever getting an RBL card again.

Olympus does not have any milestone rewards, and it's edge mile conversion is similar to atlas. So unless you prefer the lifestyle benefits that you get with it, it doesn't make sense. Atlas would be enough for you.
There are cards like plat charge and axis reserve that give you extra rewards on foreign payments, but I'm not sure if their fees can be justified.
I'll be getting the plat charge for 1 year when they'll offer 135k points

I'm just comparing these two cards let me see which one suits me

Back