• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regalia Gold Please read the terms and conditions of the gift cards before buying in the smartbuy

ujjwal2024

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Recently, I need to buy few items from Mamaearth...I decided to buy the gift card from the smartbuy to get 5X reward point...fortunately, I bought only for Rs.500.
After buying, I added to mamaearth gift card...
Now, there were promotion buy 1 get 1 free in the mamaearth website
And I discovered that if I pay by gift card, this promotion along with 5% online payment offer is not applicable
Hence, I loose at least Rs. 180 in the process
So, My suggestion to all of you that please read the terms and conditions before buying any gift card
or if you buy for the first time, buy for small amount

This is a Mamaearth problem and not SmartBuy. Had you bought a Mamaearth voucher from anywhere else, say Woohoo or Magicpin, you would have ran into the same problem. Dominos has this annoying problem too. You cannot use vouchers for a host of their pizzas. It only works for the fully prized pizzas.

I ran into an identical problem with a Netmeds voucher bought via SmartBuy. The medicines I wanted to order were non-prescription ones and the Rs 250 voucher I bought would not work with that. Eventually, I ordered prescription medicines to use that Rs 250 voucher which turned out to be not such a good deal at all.

This is a Mamaearth problem and not SmartBuy. Had you bought a Mamaearth voucher from anywhere else, say Woohoo or Magicpin, you would have ran into the same problem. Dominos has this annoying problem too. You cannot use vouchers for a host of their pizzas. It only works for the fully prized pizzas.

I ran into an identical problem with a Netmeds voucher bought via SmartBuy. The medicines I wanted to order were non-prescription ones and the Rs 250 voucher I bought would not work with that. Eventually, I ordered prescription medicines to use that Rs 250 voucher which turned out to be not such a good deal at all.
Same happened with me once

Bought 500gv of netmeds 😵‍💫 and then it was nightmare to utilize it 🫨

May be the problem with us only...as they are mentioning the terms and conditions clearly...
But, this type of terms and conditions is not good...

Back