• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest me my 10th credit card

Hi,

I am looking to get my 10th credit card. Here are the current cards which I have & their credit limit:

1. STANDARD CHARTERED Platinum Rewards (LTF)
  2. ICICI Amazon Pay (LTF)
  3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
  9. KOTAK Platinum League Rupay (LTF)
  10. ICICI Coral Rupay
  11. TATA Neu Plus
My Monthly Salary is ~50k, and the card with the highest limit is ICICI Amazon Pay with Rs 4,60,000.
Any card that you would suggest that I should get for sure apart from Amex cards, preferably LTF. There are so many cards available in the market I am not sure which one should I go for. I am though looking for a premium credit card.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
FYI: TL; and Irrelavant

Credit cards mainly to purchase things and we should & must settle before due date provided by respective banks.

- provides credit score (based on our repayment it varies from bad to excellent)
- gives some returns which we don't usually get if we use debit card*

And as per my knowledge, spends for most people* generally,

^ Online
  • Amzn/FK/Myntra
  • Shopping sites (AJIO, TataCliq, Max etc. Gyftr available sites)
  • Food and grocery spends (Swiggy, zomato, BB)
  • Commute apps (Uber, Ola)
  • Bill payments
  • Flight/hotel bookings
  • Other online spends (where you won't swipe the card or might use vouchers available in Gyftr)

^ Offline
  • Grocery/Supermarket
  • Shopping (where vouchers not available or better offers)
  • Dining
  • Other offline spends

And people generally choose the card based on the return they received from these cards
  • Cashback / Vouchers
  • Miles or something help to book their flights and hotels

Also, most of the time*
  • higher fee card doesn't provide much benefits compared to lower fee card (because of return requirement*)
  • fee based cards provide much value compare to LTF cards (because of benefits*)

And having many cards
  • provides more offers (10% instant discount)
  • gives confusion if not maintained properly and headache
  • increases chances to miss the payment (only 1 rule every credit card user IMO should follow that is highlited in bold at the beginning)
  • looses the return or milestones in best card* and reduces its chances to upgrade
  • increases credit score (because CIBIL algorithm)
  • decreases credit score (because CIBIL algorithm)

Before providing an answer to your question, it would be really helpful if you share the following
  • Do you really need 10th card? Can you manage without any trouble (have plan on how not to miss payment)?
  • Which categories you're not getting proper return?
  • How do you spend monthly (categories and apprx. amount)?
Because there are so many cards available in the market and I am not sure which one should you go for without knowing your purpose or anything.

I know its sound against to the most people here but 'you don't have to go for all LTF cards available in the market', what's good it serve if we do not use them especially occasional usage reduces the spend amount in most used card and reduces its milestone or chances to upgrade to higher variant.

If possible, earn something like super-premium cards range (not UHNI), and try to get them as LTF otherwise basic cards LTF without usage, not much useful.

If possible, share above 3 questions someone will help you here with best card (preferably LTF) and if I assume some spends based on 50k monthly salary , you're getting best return with 'Millennia/Cashback/XCite' and it helps you to upgrade their super premium cards if used consistently.

*TnCs (lot of Ifs)

Last edited:
1. Yes is easy for me to manage my credit cards, and I really want to increase my credit card portfolio.
2. I am not getting proper returns in POS transactions (mainly), FX payments & gift cards as most cards give 1% only while AU Xcite Ace gives up to 3% but only in cases where spends are more than 20k which may not happen most of the time as I generally use SBI Cashback & HDFC Millenia for online payments due to 5% cashback
3. I spend ~20k-30k monthly, with 5k-15k being POS transactions roughly the rest places where I spend get 5% mostly.

Apart from cashback, the features that I am looking for on my next credit card are access to a premium lounge (like 080), a complementary spa (if possible) and international lounge access (through a priority pass). It would be great if that card can be converted to LTF.

I do want one premium credit card, but due to income criteria, I am not being eligible for those. also the cards I currently have, the banks are not increasing the credit limits or providing upgrades despite the fact I have never missed any due date, paid full every time & kept utilization below 10-15% and have a CIBIL score of 760+

It would be great if u could suggest a premium card that I should target. Also, thanks a lot for helping me out here.

nrj1007

TF Premier
1. Yes is easy for me to manage my credit cards, and I really want to increase my credit card portfolio.
2. I am not getting proper returns in POS transactions (mainly), FX payments & gift cards as most cards give 1% only while AU Xcite Ace gives up to 3% but only in cases where spends are more than 20k which may not happen most of the time as I generally use SBI Cashback & HDFC Millenia for online payments due to 5% cashback
3. I spend ~20k-30k monthly, with 5k-15k being POS transactions roughly the rest places where I spend get 5% mostly.

Apart from cashback, the features that I am looking for on my next credit card are access to a premium lounge (like 080), a complementary spa (if possible) and international lounge access (through a priority pass). It would be great if that card can be converted to LTF.

I do want one premium credit card, but due to income criteria, I am not being eligible for those. also the cards I currently have, the banks are not increasing the credit limits or providing upgrades despite the fact I have never missed any due date, paid full every time & kept utilization below 10-15% and have a CIBIL score of 760+

It would be great if u could suggest a premium card that I should target. Also, thanks a lot for helping me out here.
you can target Axis Ace for offline spends which gives 2% cashback on offline spends.

D

Deleted member 16965

Take SBI BPCL Platinum card for fuel and 50k spends annually for fee reversal. SBI is very aggressive with 10% instant discount sales and SBI Cashback card won't help you during SBI card 10% discount offers.

Generally, how much you're expecting for online, and offline spends on average (some expectations regarding cashback)?

Ex:
Online - 5%+ (atleast aiming for 5% and try to get more if that is possible)
Offline - 1.5%+ (atleast 1.5% and if someone wants 3% cashback its very rare, possible with some of the cards but it will be like paid LIT card)

Your usage for below categories and suggested cards:

Gift cards - Millennia & Cashback = 5%
Fx - Cashback = 0.8%
POS transactions =3% if XCite > 20k, 2% for Legend during weekends, 1% for other cards

Unlike basic cards, premium cards can be possible and suggested based on two things:
  • income (which you're not satisfied)
  • existing card limit ()
Suggestion: Try to use one bank card and using those spends, request for upgrade to their premium card (needs 6 months spends to process your request)
  • If you consistenlty spend with Millennia you can get 4% in 3 months including milestone voucher (based on mentioned spends). And it helps you to upgrade their cards 1L/Q means 4L/Y which is eligible for regalia gold or if limit is there then DCB (no income required here just consistent spends which not possible if mixed with other cards then spends will be less, eligibility may not happen).
- 080 possible with AU Ace (based on this).
- Spa and international lounge possible with IDFC Select or Wealth (which needs limit on exisitng IDFC card or cancel & re-apply).

Note: Cashback and lounge are not related, if needs lounge then reward benefit should be miles/hotels.

Suggested readings (incase for more information):

- https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com/offer_details/smartbuy/15282/Zmilm2U=
- https://www.hdfcbank.com/content/ap...ay/cards/millennia-cards/cashback-credit-card
- https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/best-credit-cards-for-international-transactions.950/
- https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/credit-cards-with-quarterly-annual-milestones.2491/
- https://www.technofino.in/community...d-w-e-f-1st-may-2023.9929/page-12#post-165109

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will try to do more spending on my HDFC card then. Also, you mentioned closing IDFC card & re-applying, how does that work. What will be its impact on credit score? IDFC card which I have has the lowest limit of Rs 50k and tried multiple times with banks to increase the credit limit but they always deny. So, if I close the card & re-apply will I get better cards or can I apply on card-to-card basis so that I can directly get select card based on existing card limit.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will try to do more spending on my HDFC card then. Also, you mentioned closing IDFC card & re-applying, how does that work. What will be its impact on credit score? IDFC card which I have has the lowest limit of Rs 50k and tried multiple times with banks to increase the credit limit but they always deny. So, if I close the card & re-apply will I get better cards or can I apply on card-to-card basis so that I can directly get select card based on existing card limit.
Closing and re opening idfc has no or minimal effect on report

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I am looking to get my 10th credit card. Here are the current cards which I have & their credit limit:

3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
My Monthly Salary is ~50k, and the card with the highest limit is IndusInd Legend with Rs 1,61,000.
Any card that you would suggest that I should get for sure apart from Amex cards, preferably LTF. There are so many cards available in the market I am not sure which one should I go for. I am though looking for a premium credit card.
try amex now for FYF.

aypi

TF Buzz
Hi,

3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
My Monthly Salary is ~50k, and the card with the highest limit is IndusInd Legend with Rs 1,61,000.

Nice card collection. I know ICICI rewards are terrible but you should target one of their core cards for LTF, preferably something in their gemstone collection. Reason being their instant discounts all the time. I have not seen any other bank having these many offers.

rahulsethi

TF Ace
Contributor
Hi,

3. HDFC Millenia (LTF)
  4. IDFC Millenia (LTF)
  5. AXIS My Zone (LTF)
  6. SBI Cashback (FYF)
  7. AU Xcite Ace (LTF)
  8. INDUSIND Legend (LTF)
Scapia, LTF, 2 pc unlimited cashback, unlimited domestic lounge access