• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pls suggest next action for a declined disputed transaction

Mail to rbi bo against axis for money saying irresponsible, fraud, mental harassment.

1. Pos txn failed on pos mard powered by used card issuer bank.
2. Pos merchant copy slip clearly shows txn reversed, even though they denied and asked proofs ... that I(you) gave Cash to the merchant.

Once, ask money for the inconvenience directly .... PNO.

They charge on Savings account, Current Account unlike any private bank, why can't we ....?
Have already claimed 10K against mental harassment as part of my RBI complaint. There is no option to add any document to the complaint now, if it is closed against me then I can file for appeal with additional documentation.

Its almost a month since the Axis PNO gave me few hrs to provide evidence, there is no response. And it 5+ weeks since opening of complaint. Wonder how much time does it take for this to resolve.

1714035832009.png

Guys, received a response after 60 days of submitting the required proof to Axis, they now accept that the merchant has received double payment but offered me to take the refund from the merchant in cash. I've refused this, clearly since I've the PoS slip in original that says amt was reversed due to which I had to pay in cash, why should I go and get the refund in cash, bank has to credit me the amount since I had disputed the same.

Posting the communications made today. @TechnoFino Pls advice dada.

1717241117445.png

Reply:
1717241137575.png

Guys, received a response after 60 days of submitting the required proof to Axis, they now accept that the merchant has received double payment but offered me to take the refund from the merchant in cash. I've refused this, clearly since I've the PoS slip in original that says amt was reversed due to which I had to pay in cash, why should I go and get the refund in cash, bank has to credit me the amount since I had disputed the same.

View attachment 55774

Reply:
View attachment 55775
Bruhh 💀💀 its really a hectic process 🥲but at last you recieved your fund

Wife happens to visit the merchant today and enquired about this, he said he had written reply on query made by bank that the transaction was paid in cash and will share the email photo copy. However, I tried to call him personally, no reply, left a msg requesting to call back, waiting since some time now.

But, should the buyer really take it on himself to fight with the merchant ? should be a rather simpler banking complaint process. Had a similar incident with HDFC few years back for online payment, it was resolved in my favour immediately. I think the bad experience I'm having is only because of Axis.
no Axis is good in terms of chargeback. I have had positive experiences with them in terms of chargebacks.

Bruhh 💀💀 its really a hectic process 🥲but at last you recieved your fund
It's not about the money, but the wrong doing the bank is doing since the start. Their transaction failed, the merchant has always refused that they have received the money from the bank transaction (I have it on video footage), I raised the refund request, bank asked me to raise dispute, and it closed the dispute twice in favour of the merchant. Now the bank wants me to take the refund in cash from the merchant. This itself says that the bank does not want to refund me directly so that it can prove to RBI/legally that the merchant was at fault and not them. What if the merchant was some store at some airport, how wud have I given more proof ? how wud the bank then ask me to collect cash from them ? and what is the protection bank is offering for using their cards ?

I strongly feel these are all valid and legal points, I want the bank to treat us rightly.

View attachment 55774

Reply:
View attachment 55775
The bank should refund you using the same payment method as per the rules. I don't understand why Axis Bank is asking you to accept a cash refund. Maybe they want you to get the refund against your cash payment while the merchant keeps the payment from Axis Bank.

However, you can reject this request. Since you paid cash for the item/service you purchased, and at the time of purchase, the merchant didn't receive the payment from Axis Bank, just ask Axis Bank to refund to the original source. If they refuse, escalate this case to the RBI Ombudsman.

The bank should refund you using the same payment method as per the rules. I don't understand why Axis Bank is asking you to accept a cash refund. Maybe they want you to get the refund against your cash payment while the merchant keeps the payment from Axis Bank.

However, you can reject this request. Since you paid cash for the item/service you purchased, and at the time of purchase, the merchant didn't receive the payment from Axis Bank, just ask Axis Bank to refund to the original source. If they refuse, escalate this case to the RBI Ombudsman.
Dada, this is against RBI Ombudsman complain only, have posted entire chronology in the thread as & when it happened, I will summarize:

1. 09/02/24- Did a tap & pay of Rs 1561 at a merchant/grocery store, PoE said pending, I waited for 15 mins, then paid cash instead and asked the merchant to update me of the transaction status. Merchant confirmed of trx failure by sharing "reversal" slip.

2. 12/02/24 - Raised complain on email with Axis asking for refund, they raised a disputed claim on 14th Feb instead.

3. 16/03/24 - They closed the disputed claim in fav of merchant. I escalated it over phone, they re-opened the dispute.

4. 18/03/24 - Axis closed the 2nd dispute in fav of merchant again. The reversed PoS slip and the inv with cash receipt was shared in the original email with Axis.

5. 18/03/24 - Raised an Ombudsman complain with 10k additional as harassment charges.

6. 28/03/24 - PNO replied at 14:31 hrs asking for proof of cash payment by 7pm same day (less than 5 hrs). We went to the store, asked the cashier again if they received the money for the transaction and asked them to stamp the invoice with cash receipt and mention date also, we recorded everything on camera and the same was shared with the PNU well before time.

7. 01/0624 - PNO replied after 60 days, asking to confirm us for cash refund directly from merchant, which we refused as I believe Axis is trying to avoid direct payment to avoid any kind of RBI penalties.

Last edited:
Is this a prime example of needing to use CCs with Protection instead of DCs?

Do Rupay/ UPI CCs provide similar Protection as Visa/ MC cards?

Is this a prime example of needing to use CCs with Protection instead of DCs?

Do Rupay/ UPI CCs provide similar Protection as Visa/ MC cards?
Where is the protection with CC here ? The PoS machine gave failed transaxction, yet bank credited the merchant, and now wants me to collect cash from the merchant instead. And merchant has been lying all this while that they have not received the money from the CC transaction.

Where is the protection with CC here ? The PoS machine gave failed transaxction, yet bank credited the merchant, and now wants me to collect cash from the merchant instead. And merchant has been lying all this while that they have not received the money from the CC transaction.
I have experience from the merchant's perspective, having reviewed numerous disputes, both legitimate and fake. Occasionally, a customer’s transaction gets stuck due to late authorization, which the merchant should handle, but these instances are rare. Merchants generally do not lie about transactions; however, the settlement or reconciliation team might be unaware of a specific incident, such as OP's cash transaction against an invoice. In such cases, the team might appeal the dispute using the invoice and subsequently win.

In this scenario, you need to request the settled amount against the invoice, as you have paid both in cash and online. To avoid such situations, it is advisable for customers to obtain invoices that specify the payment method used.

I have experience from the merchant's perspective, having reviewed numerous disputes, both legitimate and fake. Occasionally, a customer’s transaction gets stuck due to late authorization, which the merchant should handle, but these instances are rare. Merchants generally do not lie about transactions; however, the settlement or reconciliation team might be unaware of a specific incident, such as OP's cash transaction against an invoice. In such cases, the team might appeal the dispute using the invoice and subsequently win.

In this scenario, you need to request the settled amount against the invoice, as you have paid both in cash and online. To avoid such situations, it is advisable for customers to obtain invoices that specify the payment method used.

In this scenario, we have called the merchant (owner) mulltiple times and they had acknowledged everytime that the transaction has failed and they did not get the money. I could understand that he did not had the visibility same day, but next day ? one week ? 2 months ? the answer was same all along.

Besides this, among all the queries I raised, below are paramount as a user of CC:

1. How can the bank credit the merchant if they give me a REVERSAL slip on the PoS next day (same day it was showing as pending) ?
2. What is the protection the bank is offering for such failed transactions on the usage of credit cards ?
3. How can the bank, ask me to get the cash collected from the merchant (after closing dispute twice), what if the merchant is not even in the same City ?

I had personally made all the efforts to get in touch with the merchant at every step, once the merchant even offered to pay the cash on goodwill gesture if I give him a copy of Govt ID proof, I did not wanted either the gesture nor share the ID, I wanted my money back which was paid twice. With both merchant & Bank refusing to accept that I paid twice, I had to go to the Ombudsman, even then both maintained the same stance until I recorded everything on video and shared with the bank.

What I've learnt from this is, if a trx fails, do not pay cash for the same invoice, one should ask the merchant to cancel the inv and refund if they get the money, add/reduce items from the cart to change the invoice value, and then pay by other means such as cash.

Reactions: m4b
In this scenario, we have called the merchant (owner) mulltiple times and they had acknowledged everytime that the transaction has failed and they did not get the money. I could understand that he did not had the visibility same day, but next day ? one week ? 2 months ? the answer was same all along.

Besides this, among all the queries I raised, below are paramount as a user of CC:

1. How can the bank credit the merchant if they give me a REVERSAL slip on the PoS next day (same day it was showing as pending) ?
2. What is the protection the bank is offering for such failed transactions on the usage of credit cards ?
3. How can the bank, ask me to get the cash collected from the merchant (after closing dispute twice), what if the merchant is not even in the same City ?

I had personally made all the efforts to get in touch with the merchant at every step, once the merchant even offered to pay the cash on goodwill gesture if I give him a copy of Govt ID proof, I did not wanted either the gesture nor share the ID, I wanted my money back which was paid twice. With both merchant & Bank refusing to accept that I paid twice, I had to go to the Ombudsman, even then both maintained the same stance until I recorded everything on video and shared with the bank.

What I've learnt from this is, if a trx fails, do not pay cash for the same invoice, one should ask the merchant to cancel the inv and refund if they get the money, add/reduce items from the cart to change the invoice value, and then pay by other means such as cash.
Yep valid question after getting the reversal slip! If you remember the PoS name, can you write a mail to them with the TXN ID stating the incident?

Yep valid question after getting the reversal slip! If you remember the PoS name, can you write a mail to them with the TXN ID stating the incident?
I don't remember the PoS name, but the copy of the reversal slip is in the OP which says "Axis Bank" on the top.

You should have used upi instead of cash. There is no proof that you have paid with other mode.

It depends on the payment gateway, merchant service providers too.

Might someone from razorpay called him, about the dispute. He might forgot the issue and said positive towards him. So it might be the issue else merchant really playing games with fake receipt.
get back the cash from the provision store after showing them the card statement

Here is the update:

Since past few weeks, PNO sent me email to collect cash from the Merchant, I refused the same and asked the bank to explain a list of questionnaire which the PNO just ignored. Sent me the same request 3-4 times, I also copy pasted same refusal every time. Then RBI Ombudsman called some 2-3 week back asking if we have collected the cash, we denied the same and the person was very understanding with my objection, I offered him to send a copy of the same email I replied to Axis PNO, he said they will ask if required. Then last saturday the merchant owner called, I was in some family medical situation and could not pick up (otherwise also I might not have picked up, as I reached out to him multiple times before and he always denied to having received the amt from the PoS trx).

Just now, finally, got an email from PNO that they have credited the amount to the said card, yet to reflet online. This is a partial victory as I had asked for a 10k harassment charges (token amt, now I think I should have asked for 1L for the time & effort I had to put) with my complaint, will followup with the same.

Last edited:
Back