• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB gone bonkers!

Finchamp!

TF Premier
One fine morning, I wrote the following mail to PNB Credit card team (along with supporting documents) -

Dear Sir,

I, **** (Finchamp! - for convenience 😎), am the owner of PNB Rupay Select Credit Card: *************, and I would like to apply for an add-on card for my wife, Mrs. Finchamp!. Her add-on application form, and KYC Documents, have been appended herewith for consideration.

Kindly take cognizance of the same, and proceed to issue the requisite add-on card.

Regards,
Finchamp!

to which, the PNB Team, replied as under -

"
Dear Customer,
Greetings from PNB Global credit card,
This is in reference to your E-mail dated 09-10-2024
We have taken note of your address change request and the same has been forwarded to the concerned department.
Your Reference number for the request/complaint is. E09102479436
In case you require any further assistance, please feel free to call our Toll-free No. 1800-180 -2345 or Paid NO.0120-4616200.
Our phone banker will be glad to assist you.
We assure you best services at all times.
Note: - Please send all your request only through your registered e-mail id. If your email id not registered, kindly register the same through helpline number from registered contact number.
Warm Regards
Manager-Customer Services (MP).

Please use "PNB Genie" app for all your credit card related requirements.
"

I think I should have requested for address change to get an add-on card for my wife. My bad, I guess! 🙁

One fine morning, I wrote the following mail to PNB Credit card team (along with supporting documents) -

Dear Sir,

I, **** (Finchamp! - for convenience 😎), am the owner of PNB Rupay Select Credit Card: *************, and I would like to apply for an add-on card for my wife, Mrs. Finchamp!. Her add-on application form, and KYC Documents, have been appended herewith for consideration.

Kindly take cognizance of the same, and proceed to issue the requisite add-on card.

Regards,
Finchamp!

to which, the PNB Team, replied as under -

"
Dear Customer,
Greetings from PNB Global credit card,
This is in reference to your E-mail dated 09-10-2024
We have taken note of your address change request and the same has been forwarded to the concerned department.
Your Reference number for the request/complaint is. E09102479436
In case you require any further assistance, please feel free to call our Toll-free No. 1800-180 -2345 or Paid NO.0120-4616200.
Our phone banker will be glad to assist you.
We assure you best services at all times.
Note: - Please send all your request only through your registered e-mail id. If your email id not registered, kindly register the same through helpline number from registered contact number.
Warm Regards
Manager-Customer Services (MP).

Please use "PNB Genie" app for all your credit card related requirements.
"

I think I should have requested for address change to get an add-on card for my wife. My bad, I guess! 🙁
really pathetic and disheartening...customer are is becoming a joke...I had similar experiences with IDFC, AU SFB, SBI, RBL...
RBL and SBI one is something like this

Probably, the result of OUTSOURCING.

Those 3rd party outsourced service providers employing those who can't READ, UNDERSTAND n COMPREHEND simple communication in English.

And, can't WRITE, RELEVANT, LOGICAL n APPROPRIATE answers, in simple English.

Sad, but true, with almost all banks n their CC/MF/Insurance/Trading subsidiaries.

Probably, the result of OUTSOURCING.

Those 3rd party outsourced service providers employing those who can't READ, UNDERSTAND n COMPREHEND simple communication in English.

And, can't WRITE, RELEVANT, LOGICAL n APPROPRIATE answers, in simple English.

Sad, but true, with almost all banks n their CC/MF/Insurance/Trading subsidiaries.
But these banks will have to learn about opportunity cost! What good is cost-cutting through outsourcing, when the same could compel customers to leave.

Guess, outsourcing done to L1 vendor without checking for employee qualifications / due diligence.

Today, almost everyone is a BE/BTech (and a majority of them also with MBA).

It's an altogether different matter if many of them can't even write a joining letter (reporting to duty) on a white paper, without a format or access to Google.

Many can't write a simple leave letter (in English), can't speak 10 sentences (in English) but drawing salary in lakhs.
Why talk about qualifications ?

It is their TRAINING which is lopsided n faulty. So, are their TEMPLATES. The 2nd level of (approving all outgoing emails) support staff are to be held accountable. Return feedback is not given due importance or totally ignored as a tool for improving the overall quality.

Today, almost everyone is a BE/BTech (and a majority of them also with MBA).

It's an altogether different matter if many of them can't even write a joining letter (reporting to duty) on a white paper, without a format or access to Google.

Many can't write a simple leave letter (in English), can't speak 10 sentences (in English) but drawing salary in lakhs.
Why talk about qualifications ?

It is their TRAINING which is lopsided n faulty. So, are their TEMPLATES. The 2nd level of (approving all outgoing emails) support staff are to be held accountable. Return feedback is not given due importance or totally ignored as a tool for improving the overall quality.
I agree sir! Qualification and merit have lost co-relation.

True. Yesterday I noticed a strange thing. I fetched my new CIBIL report today and when I looked at the accounts, I found that PNB has shown two accounts for a single card. I don't know what kind of system they have.

Back