• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB UPI Payment is a Royal Mess

wolfdalalstreet

TF Premier
I linked my PNB CC with BHIM UPI and made a payment of Rs. 348.22/- at D Mart yesterday. Since the transaction showed failed, I tried again thinking that there is some network issue. It failed again. Not a big deal, right! I got failure both the times. I paid via HDFC CC, again through BHIM UPI itself and it worked smooth. Bill generated and I came out.

Just as I am about to leave the parking, I get two SMSs stating that your amount of Rs. 348.22 is deducted and with transaction IDs. Quite a shock. I have been using UPI since quite some time now but never it has happened that a payment gets deducted after showing a failure. Since I am still in the premises, I go to the manager asking him to check. The manager gets it checked and says that they have only received one payment which was made via HDFC. He says that you will get a refund since it is not credited to D Mart. I came back home and checked on the portal, and it showed two debit transactions.

1681037371530.png
I called the Customer Care and they said that there is some issue for PNB CC UPI and that you will get a refund in 5 working days. I go to twitter and search "PNB UPI" and there are many who have reported similar stuff.

Although my amounts are not huge, this is less to do with the amounts. It is about the hassle, follow-ups and erosion of trust. PNB CC UPI sucked big time here. Will avoid it going forward. Stay alert folks !

09th April Update: I have not yet received the refunds.
14th April Update: Got refund today.

Last edited:

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I linked my PNB CC with BHIM UPI and made a payment of Rs. 348.22/- at D Mart yesterday. Since the transaction showed failed, I tried again thinking that there is some network issue. It failed again. Not a big deal, right! I got failure both the times. I paid via HDFC CC, again through BHIM UPI itself and it worked smooth. Bill generated and I came out.

Just as I am about to leave the parking, I get two SMSs stating that your amount of Rs. 348.22 is deducted and with transaction IDs. Quite a shock. I have been using UPI since quite some time now but never it has happened that a payment gets deducted after showing a failure. Since I am still in the premises, I go to the manager asking him to check. The manager gets it checked and says that they have only received one payment which was made via HDFC. He says that you will get a refund since it is not credited to D Mart. I came back home and checked on the portal, and it showed two debit transactions.

1681037371530.png
I called the Customer Care and they said that there is some issue for PNB CC UPI and that you will get a refund in 5 working days. I go to twitter and search "PNB UPI" and there are many who have reported similar stuff.

Although my amounts are not huge, this is less to do with the amounts. It is about the hassle, follow-ups and erosion of trust. PNB CC UPI sucked big time here. Will avoid it going forward. Stay alert folks !

09th April Update: I have not yet received the refunds.
I had refund related issues with PNB Rupay CC UPI via Paytm.
My IRCTC ticket refund intiated on April 6th through paytm was showing an error that your refund was rejected your bank.

After few days when I checked the pnb statement, the refund was settled with date of March 13th(Original booking date)

Screenshot_20230409_163616_Paytm.jpg Screenshot_20230409_163721_Paytm.jpg

lucifer

TF Premier
TF Family
VIP Lounge
And thats why i use the cc linked upi payments only through BHIM app. Atleast it reverese the payment of 95k on PNB cc UPI link card when deducted and failed