• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Policy Bazaar vs Ditto vs Direct Insurer

_ayush

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I was looking to buy health insurance for my family and got confused which platform to buy it from.
Has anyone faced any issue with claim rejections and in that case did the platform like ditto or policybazaar helped you out?
Also do any of the vendors help you out in the claim process? I read that policybazaar has RM assigned but the reviews tell that they are useless.

Policy pricing will be same irrespective where you buy it from
Policy bazaar will miss-sell and the sales experience will not match the policy issuance experience once payment is complete.
Ditto is better in advisory, i.e. relatively unbiased and recommend right policy based on your need, but last I purchased, they didn't have the best systems to buy the policy, probably should have become better by now . Also, they don't have polices from all companies, so if you are looking for something specific, then they are our is picture
My vote would go to Ditto, they are genuinely trying to do a good job, so if they solve your problem, then go with them.

Helping during claim is a myth. The logic for claim rejection goes like this, if a policy is being issued with no health checks/ pre existing diseases are covered, then higher chances of claim rejection.
From what I have heard, HDFC Ergo is the best option from a claim settlement perspective.
Talk to Ditto and see what they say

I was looking to buy health insurance for my family and got confused which platform to buy it from.
Has anyone faced any issue with claim rejections and in that case did the platform like ditto or policybazaar helped you out?
Also do any of the vendors help you out in the claim process? I read that policybazaar has RM assigned but the reviews tell that they are useless.
According to me
You should compare quotes and advices from everywhere.
Then choose a policy and premium wherever you get cheaper

In regards to claim, if you are completely honest in your proposal despite of whatever these advisors say, just mention every little thing.
Do a full body checkup on the day of proposal and payment. Keep that report for records.

Your claims will have a 95% acceptance rate.

According to me
You should compare quotes and advices from everywhere.
Then choose a policy and premium wherever you get cheaper

In regards to claim, if you are completely honest in your proposal despite of whatever these advisors say, just mention every little thing.
Do a full body checkup on the day of proposal and payment. Keep that report for records.

Your claims will have a 95% acceptance rate.
Is this from experience or just what you have been practicing?
Has this ever been successful when a claim was denied by an insurer? Would like to understand how it works.

Is this from experience or just what you have been practicing?
Has this ever been successful when a claim was denied by an insurer? Would like to understand how it works.
I don't have any experience of insurance claims.
I just follow these steps of getting health checkups and i also mail the insurer the copy of report approx 2 months before renewal date.
Just keeping all the evidences that I was fit while proposal and during renewal.

Majority claims get rejected due to pre existing disease not disclosed. And i safeguard myself from that

Any specific reason for ditto
they have been known to be more customer friendly. friendly corporate face.

all as of now. insurances are long term contracts, so it is to be seen if they can be the good guys (relatively). but anyway, paisabazaar is scam call site, definitely not having any interests in your interest.

I would also recommend ditto. The application process was really smooth with them, and most importantly, they don't spam or disturb you like other agencies even if you choose not to avail their services.
I have taken a life insurance for myself and a health insurance for my parents from them.
And as someone mentioned earlier, it might be easier during claim resolution if you can avail their help. Never had the need to use it yet, but that was my thought process.
Another alternative, you can use the services from ditto to identify your insurer, and then purchase the policy yourself.

Back