• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Poor experience with the closure of my IDFC FIRST Classic credit card

CosmicCat

TF Ace
Hi fellow TFians!

On Saturday, 31st August 2024, I raised a service request for the closure of my IDFC FIRST Classic credit card as its limit was extremely low (Around ₹70,000) compared to my other cards and my annual income. I immediately received a confirmation that my card has been permanently blocked and in the app where it shows the card thumbnail, it was shown as "Requested for Closure."

On Tuesday, 3rd September, I received a call from someone from their Retention Team, who called me from her work mobile number instead of a landline (Was suspicious at first as it was being shown as spam on Truecaller). I explained her the reason of closure. She asked me to email them my ITR (As I'm self-employed) to banker@idfcfirstbank.com, and said that if they upgrade the limit to at least ₹1.5L, they can upgrade it to Select.

She also mentioned that she would reactivate my card, and the Service Request for the card closure would remain open for the next few days until the email team gives final response about limit enhancement. So I shared my ITR-V (The Acknowledgement Receipt of my ITR-3) to their email the same day.

However, the next day, on 4th September, in the morning, I received an SMS mentioning my card closure request has been cancelled because of "pending dues!" I was stunned, because I hadn't used this card for a while, and even the app was showing the Outstanding Balance as zero.

Also, after few hours, I received a reply to my card enhancement and upgrade request email, which said that they don't accept ITR-V. They asked me for the "Computation of Income" instead, and said that it should be below 4MB only! I thought they were referring to the ITR form itself, but it is over 50 MB in size. So how could I share it?

Then I asked their PNO helpline numbera about the incorrect closure of service request and false commitment. He first confirmed they closed it mistakenly as there were indeed no dues pending, and about enhancement, he said that the computation is provided by a CA.

I was dumbstuck. An ITR acknowledgement is accepted by everyone, and it is a valid authority, so why they rejected it?

Yesterday, 4th September, I also emailed their RNO team later in the evening about the incorrect cancellation of the service request, and provided them my final consent that I want to close this card, whose reply I am still awaiting.

So, in case the RNO raises a fresh service request for closure, what's my next course of action? As I originally raised the closure service request on 31st August (which is now cancelled as mentioned before), and the 8th working day is, 11th September, so if they close it after 11th September, should I ask for compensation of ₹500/day?

Last edited:
Raise another closure request yourself. When retention call comes don't agree to anything. Simply say you want to close the card and that's it. Your card will be closed in maximum 7 working days provided there are no dues. If not, you will get compensated by Rs. 500 for each day of delay.
Shouldn't he wish for the card not to be closed within 7 days and then take this to RBI Ombudsman on 8th day based on your mail formats?

Shouldn't he wish for the card not to be closed within 7 days and then take this to RBI Ombudsman on 8th day based on your mail formats?
Haha, indeed. Because as per the Retention Team's call, the Service Request wasn't supposed to be closed for the next few days. However, they closed it for an absolutely absurd reason quoting I have pending dues, whereas I have none.

Haha, indeed. Because as per the Retention Team's call, the Service Request wasn't supposed to be closed for the next few days. However, they closed it for an absolutely absurd reason quoting I have pending dues, whereas I have none.
You won't be able to prove it to the RBIO. They will twist it. So don't waste your time. Simply request another closure and do not agree to anything during the retention call.

Why not, dada? I do have the proof they closed it quoting pending dues, whereas I have none.
I have heard that bank can even edit the txn date and time, someone has shared his personal experience on some thread, don't remember now.

What if it will edit and share with RBI?

What I feel is, it would have been better if RBI had the control of bank's system, can track and view all the logs of banks, this is when bank can't be able to twist the circumstances, can't even dare to lie.

I have heard that bank can even edit the txn date and time, someone has shared his personal experience on some thread, don't remember now.

What if it will edit and share with RBI?

What I feel is, it would have been better if RBI had the control of bank's system, can track and view all the logs of banks, this is when bank can't be able to twist the circumstances, can't even dare to lie.
They can, but would they? My last transaction was done over a month ago, and that too for its bill payment of barely ₹50. 😂

They usually do, select some other reason to close/raise SRN.

Because they can't put custom reason, they can only select. 🤣

Whenever you approach IDFC, doesn't matter,what's the issue, a new service request gets generated. 🤡
True that! And it gets closed immediately afterwards, too. 😂

They usually do, select some other reason to close/raise SRN.

Because they can't put custom reason, they can only select. 🤣
Pretty sure they would have better reasons to select than this. The representative who selected this reason would surely get a bamboo if I raise a grievance wirh higher authority.

+1

I too suggest this one for the peace of mind. 🙂
Mujhe kya? Maine toh mail karna hai bas and reply ka wait. 😂 The card is LTF otherwise, and I don't have any pressure to close it.

Why not, dada? I do have the proof they closed it quoting pending dues, whereas I have none.
RBI BO pe bhi depend karta hai koi koi akal ka andha rehta hai... 🤣

Jo bank keh diya wahi sahi hai, without cross-check/taking argument from customer/applicant.

Sidha case closed, non appealable.

@sjmajumder bro is experienced one on raising complaints to RBIO, if he is saying not to raise because you won't be able to prove/ chances to get decision is favour is not high rather gives closure request and don't accept anything from Retention Department, then better to do it as it may not worth to hassle by taking this matter to RBIO.

Rest it's upto to, if you want you can raise the complaint with RBIO, it's totally your call.

True that! And it gets closed immediately afterwards, too. 😂
Yes! 🤣 Sometimes we ask to Raise a request, for which it needs to be open, though it gets closed due to the stupidity of branch, I have experienced when I asked to arrange call back from branch.🤡
Pretty sure they would have better reasons to select than this. The representative who selected this reason would surely get a bamboo if I raise a grievance wirh higher authority.
May be or may be not, not so sure. 🤣
Do you think, higher authority will take strict action against this?😐
Mujhe kya? Maine toh mail karna hai bas and reply ka wait. 😂 The card is LTF otherwise, and I don't have any pressure to close it.
LTF toh rakhiye na kya burai hai, once is blue moon, card dis. ke liye kaam aayega. 😁

If you want to get manual LE, then better connect with Social Media team or higher authority on phone call and then ask to revert back via mail as well.

RBI BO pe bhi depend karta hai koi koi akal ka andha rehta hai... 🤣

Jo bank keh diya wahi sahi hai, without cross-check/taking argument from customer/applicant.
I'm aware, Aniket bhai. RBI BO bas naam ka hota hai, kaam bank ke employees ko hi karna hota hai without any pressure of RBI. The chance of getting the case totally against you or in favour of you is entirely on your luck. Even if it goes against me (I wonder why it would be because poori unki galti), I would have nothing to lose. 😉

If you want to get manual LE, then better connect with Social Media team or higher authority on phone call and then ask to revert back via mail as well.
Chalo, I'll try that too. But they gave me an auto limit-enhancement in June; just 2 months ago. The previous limit was about ₹60,000, much lower than my monthly income. But also, when I applied it last year, I had no other credit card reflecting in my CIBIL, and the only relationship with them was a closed Flipkart Pay Later account which was closed just 3 months prior.

They gave me a limit enhancement in the end of June 2024 of about ₹10,000 only, so I'm not sure if they will give another enhancement again now.

Chalo, I'll try that too. But they gave me an auto limit-enhancement in June; just 2 months ago. The previous limit was about ₹60,000, much lower than my monthly income. But also, when I applied it last year, I had no other credit card reflecting in my CIBIL, and the only relationship with them was a closed Flipkart Pay Later account which was closed just 3 months prior.

They gave me a limit enhancement in the end of June 2024 of about ₹10,000 only, so I'm not sure if they will give another enhancement again now.
Anyway, they've asked me for the "Computation of Income" since I'm self-employed, and said ITR-V (Acknowledgement) wasn't enough.

Does anyone know what they mean by that? I file my taxes myself (ITR-4 mostly due to Presumptive Scheme/44ADA), so maintain no records.

Anyway, they've asked me for the "Computation of Income" since I'm self-employed, and said ITR-V (Acknowledgement) wasn't enough.

Does anyone know what they mean by that? I file my taxes myself (ITR-4 mostly due to Presumptive Scheme/44ADA), so maintain no records.
Bro, do you really spends much on IDFC so that you need more limit, 70K is not enough?😐

Needs computation from CA, lol 🤣 ITR-V is not acceptable.

If you don't maintain record better not to get into manual LE thing. Better @its_karan bro can comment on this.

Back