• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IDFC First Wealth Card Unboxing

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
Guys, as you all are aware that I have been in talks with IDFC customer care to get my IDFC First Select card upgraded to IDFC Wealth. When I reached out to IDFC customer care, they asked me to drop an email to banker@idfcfirstbank.com with last three months salary slips and bank statement for last 6 months. I duly acknowledged and shared the the relevant documents with them over an email.

They raised a ticket for this upgrade request and the long arduous wait started, couple of days later I received an acknowledgement from their side and to my surprise they simply refused to offer an upgrade, I was completely taken aback as this was the first time my upgrade request was rejected by a bank despite providing them all the income details. These were the same folks who were offering Wealth card when I first chose to apply for an IDFC card, that time I chose select as for Wealth I was supposed to share ITRs from last two years and Select was available without any document proofs.

Lesson Learnt: If you have an option to choose between a higher variant card and a lower variant, always choose a higher variant card (even if you need to provide some additional documents).

In the fit of rage, I decided to cancel my IDFC Select card as this rejection was more painful than the rejection from my first love (she eventually said yes in my fourth attempt ;)). While drafting the card cancellation email, a thought crossed my mind, what if this is simply a ploy to discourage the customers from upgrading Select to Wealth, what if they want to make this card exclusive and in order to maintain this exclusivity the customer care might have been instructed to reject the upgrade request.

This thought resulted in escalating this issue to head.customerservice@idfcfirstbank.com, I requested their team to reconsider their decision and once again shared all the income related documents and asked them to either share the reason behind the refusal for upgrade or reconsider my upgrade request.

This email finally did the trick and they agreed to consider my request. Their customer care executive reached out to me that since my card limit was not inline with the limit required for Wealth card, they would perform my upgrade in two stages
1. They decided to increase my limit first
2. The second step was to upgrade the card to Wealth.

They asked for my consent for both the steps and I duly provided them over an email.

Things moved from here pretty fast and within a week my request for upgrade was closed and I was able to see my Wealth card in place of Select. In the next 4-5 days I received my physical card and the Dream Folks card for the international lounge access.
IMG_4722.JPG
IMG_4723.JPG
IMG_4724.JPG
IMG_4725.JPG
IMG_4726.JPG
IMG_4727.JPG

Dream Folks Card: After a few days I received my Dream Folks card from IDFC bank.

IMG_4820.JPG
IMG_4821.JPG
IMG_4822.JPG
IMG_4823.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed this unboxing.

Regards,
Bigde

vasanth_ece

TF Select
My request for Card Upgrade (from Select to Wealth) is declined after 7 days. Now i need to send reconsideration request..Will keep it posted.
both banker@idfc and head.customerservice@idfc declined my request for card upgrade.
Either I will do limited number of transaction with this card or close the card and apply later.

vasanth_ece

TF Select
My request for Card Upgrade (from Select to Wealth) is declined after 7 days. Now i need to send reconsideration request..Will keep it posted.
both banker@idfc and head.customerservice@idfc declined my request for card upgrade.
Either I will do limited number of transaction with this card or close the card and apply later.

sharma

TF Premier
Great, wait for this request to get fulfilled, it takes around 3 days for it to complete. You will get another email saying the request has been fulfilled. Post this email confirmation you will be able to see wealth card within the IDFC app.
Bro i received similar email for card upgrade but then they have upgraded my limit not card and then they have closed the ticket.
Again they have created new ticket for card upgrade so can I consider it'll be upgraded or it can also fail?