• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Post OTP Error.... While applying for pre-approved cards....

RAMESH BABU N

TF Legend
Since AUG23, when I opened a SBMax account in HDFC, I have been getting emails n SMSs asking me apply for core HDFC Cards. As I was not particular about them, I ignored them - but applied for Tata Neu Infinity.

That was approved, then kept as Dormant and canceled by HDFC - all done within 1 week in Sept23.

However, despite NOT GIVING ANY CARD, HDFC did CIBIL HITS - 8 sofar - in the last 5 months. Probably, that global bank is attempting some global record.

Still the emails n SMSs continue to bombard. When clicked, after giving the mobile number n DOB, and the OTP, that great bank displays an error message n hangs there. Forever.

See the screen shots. Branch staff doesn't know what to do. 15+ emails and 10+ phone calls also do not solve this.

Planning to close the SBMax account.

Any other way out ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231228-093449.png
    Screenshot_20231228-093449.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20231228-093433.png
    Screenshot_20231228-093433.png
    204.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20231228-093407.png
    Screenshot_20231228-093407.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 74
The SMS you are getting is Conditional Pre Approved offers and customer base tracking should take 1 month more to show such offers and who is showing interest on email or SMS, and also offers would be or not, contact the bank for pre-approved offers, they can also check for you, don't worry they will just ask customer id, no otp anything. it might not show for you. but for them, it will show, what if it won't show for them means then there is no offer. (The local branch nearby also can tell you) and with a limit, they will tell if preapproved exists. don't waste time on such mails, mark them as spam and sit back unless a banners comes in your net portal with limit and card.

Since your card was closed recently, you won't be able to apply for a new one for atleast 6 months from date of closure I believe.

Meanwhile, you can start clearing up the mess:
1. Request Grievance Team to remove the Hard Enquiries in CIBIL
2. Don't apply for HDFC Cards for sometime.
3. Keep using your SavingsMax Account.
4. Don't check Pre-approved offers as your card recently got closed, so even if you got one, your application probably won't get approved.

IF you're successful in accomplishing all these, you can apply for a core card after that timeline and you'll mostly get one.

Since your card was closed recently, you won't be able to apply for a new one for atleast 6 months from date of closure I believe.

Meanwhile, you can start clearing up the mess:
1. Request Grievance Team to remove the Hard Enquiries in CIBIL
2. Don't apply for HDFC Cards for sometime.
3. Keep using your SavingsMax Account.
4. Don't check Pre-approved offers as your card recently got closed, so even if you got one, your application probably won't get approved.

IF you're successful in accomplishing all these, you can apply for a core card after that timeline and you'll mostly get one.

I was NEVER interested in any HDFC Cards - except the TNeu Infinity. It was issued but canceled within 2 days - even before it was delivered to me. In the meantime, HDFC have given it in writing that it was "issued by mistake". Strange.
But, they still asked me to submit some document or the other - at least 4 times and I had to send them to their Chennai office. Then 4 times - their verification team came home, met me, took photos.... For a stupid co-branded card, if this is what they do, I wonder how this louzy bank will handle for their top core cards.

In the meantime, I got cards from AMEX, Kotak, PNB, SBI-PAYTM n PepperMoney.

HDFC need to do a lot of catching - and the least they can do is - watch how others are doing the business.

Back