• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Potential fraud on SBI card

Meowmeow

TF Buzz
So few minutes ago I received a call from a person claiming from SBI credit card department. So recently I got issued SBI card and after few days I got call from a card protection company to provide protection and other benefits to cc in exchange of some charges. I denied at that moment. But next day I made sure that this service is not active in my card. Now I got call from cc department that Rs 24000 has been charged in form of EMI of 4000 for card protection service something so they are confirming whether I approved this transaction or not. I denied it . So he asked me to fill fees reversal form and he made me type some website extension where I have to fill my complete card details. Currently I don not have my card in possession so I told them to call me later and he insisted that it can be only canceled when I fill this form while he is on call with me. Problem is my SBI app is not opening and I cannot verify the same. But I don't want to pay this 4000 amount every month.
Has anybody faced same situation?
SBI no is not letting me connect with human customer care.
What if I didn't fill this form and they put these charges ? Will I be able to reverse on Monday?

Why does it seem like fraud to me that sbi levied that charges even I denied at that day ?

Don't fill any personal details on any website. First check your sbi card application if not successful. Try to connect customer care.

Don't fill any personal details on any website. First check your sbi card application if not successful. Try to connect customer care.
I can't hear any option to connect with human customer care.
I want to make sure one thing that tomorrow I would be able to reverse those charges na ?

From what I understand, you haven't received the card yet. So the card is not active, if these charges are indeed real, then just don't activate the card i.e. don't transact/set pin when you receive the card.
That way you don't have to pay any of this.

Seat in a chair. Take 4 deep breaths. Exit from browser. Don't fill any form don't put any details anywhere that person asked you.
Now log in on sbi cards website, compose email section and mail all this jumla to them.
Wait for 1 day you will get resolution.
If any fees deducted you will get BANKS sms, NOT CALL.
Report that number to trai chakshu portal.

From what I understand, you haven't received the card yet. So the card is not active, if these charges are indeed real, then just don't activate the card i.e. don't transact/set pin when you receive the card.
That way you don't have to pay any of this.
I have my card ...What I meant to say that my physical card is not with me. My first bill has been generated also. But he informed me that this charges will be levy from 2nd month onwards.

Seat in a chair. Take 4 deep breaths. Exit from browser. Don't fill any form don't put any details anywhere that person asked you.
Now log in on sbi cards website, compose email section and mail all this jumla to them.

Okay..you mean this can be fraud from that person not from SBI card. I am attaching thar form ss Screenshot_20240824_172159_Chrome.webp

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240824_172151_Chrome.webp
    Screenshot_20240824_172151_Chrome.webp
    239.5 KB · Views: 15
Everything is possible through app or their official website. This site you have displayed is clearly from sort of scam/phising website.
And SBI Card isn't so keen in helping you out that they would call you to reverse charges made by them.

Just send email to customer care and explain all things, it’s record for future dispute and probably you would get response in 1 working day with written

Everything is possible through app or their official website. This site you have displayed is clearly from sort of scam/phising website.
And SBI Card isn't so keen in helping you out that they would call you to reverse charges made by them.
Yes ..that person again called me and told me to fill the details and I filled random card details to that form..mean random card no , expiry and CVV. And he replied that card details can be incorrect please fill again. I again filled random details and he again told me that it is incorrect. I lied him that I might have used overlimit facility and that's why SBI blocked my card. And that moron confirmed this reason. And I recorded this call. Now I will complain along with this proof. And the other links in that website is not even a link , it is just image of various links. He will call me tommorrow and I will have some fun by making fool out of him.

Just send email to customer care and explain all things, it’s record for future dispute and probably you would get response in 1 working day with written
Yes..I will..and now I can login in my card app..and there is no such charges. And the best part is card protection plan is of Rs 1500 around

this card protection plan is the biggest headache when we get a SBI card! i almost got convinced back in 2017 when i was new to the card game! they made it feel as if i will lose all my money if i dont take their stupid plan..

Yes ..that person again called me and told me to fill the details and I filled random card details to that form..mean random card no , expiry and CVV. And he replied that card details can be incorrect please fill again. I again filled random details and he again told me that it is incorrect. I lied him that I might have used overlimit facility and that's why SBI blocked my card. And that moron confirmed this reason. And I recorded this call. Now I will complain along with this proof. And the other links in that website is not even a link , it is just image of various links. He will call me tommorrow and I will have some fun by making fool out of him.
Please waste as much of his time as u can! u might save an innocent persons money in doing so!

this card protection plan is the biggest headache when we get a SBI card! i almost got convinced back in 2017 when i was new to the card game! they made it feel as if i will lose all my money if i dont take their stupid plan..
Yes ..same in my case...she explained all the benefits without explaining charges...I explicitly asked for charge...she didn't disclose it and at the time of activating she told that it will added in upcoming bill then I disconnected the call. She simply wasted her time.

Back