• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Offer Fulfilled! Premium Account Discussion (and help me choose a Primary Account)

The offer has been fulfilled by the bank/company.

What Account should I choose as my Primary Account?

• HDFC Imperia

• Axis Priority

• IndusInd Exclusive

• Yes First

• DBS SavingsMax

• Other (mention down below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Riya Sharma

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Let’s have a discussion on some Premium Savings Accounts and help me choose an account that I should keep most of my money in, and use for Payments, Transfers, Banking Services, Investments, etc.

The accounts I currently have and can give advice on are:

HDFC Imperia
Axis Priority
IDFC Salary (I do not actually get salary in this account, was opened online accidentally)
IndusInd Exclusive
Yes First
DBS SavingsMax
Kotak 811

I’m also fine with opening another account.

Last edited:
Can you explain what are looking for in a premium account.
One account may have tension free banking.
One may give better access to premium credit cards.
One may have a good DC with lots of discounts,
One may be for higher savings/FDs interest

Can you explain what are looking for in a premium account.
One account may have tension free banking.
One may give better access to premium credit cards.
One may have a good DC with lots of discounts,
One may be for higher savings/FDs interest
My priority is as follows:

Demat
Customer Care
Decent RM
High Limits on DC and Transfers
Good Interface
0 Forex or rewards on DC that compensate
Reliability
Reward on CC Bill Payment

I already have most credit cards I want or can get them via itr (except for Infinia) so pre-approval isn’t a feature that I particularly care about.
Also don’t care about interest on Savings account/FD

Demat
Customer Care
Decent RM
Good Interface
Reliability
I see IndusInd Exclusive ticks some of the boxes. But IndusInd is what it is.
As Im not familiar with few other accounts you mentioned, you can search in the form and check for threads of the.other accounts and get some information.

I see IndusInd Exclusive ticks some of the boxes. But IndusInd is what it is.
As Im not familiar with few other accounts you mentioned, you can search in the form and check for threads of the.other accounts and get some information.
I did try but it seems nobody here seems to have DBS SavingsMax/Treasures and the only other meaningful thread on Yes First is by me lol

Demat
Customer Care
Decent RM
Good Interface
Reliability

I already have most credit cards I want or can get them via itr (except for Infinia) so pre-approval isn’t a feature that I particularly care about.
if you are salaried, you can add HSBC Premier

I have a query regarding IDFC as you have mentioned that it was a salary account but you’re not getting salary in this account so are you maintaining anything there or has your account changed to saving account where one has to maintain MAB?

I have a query regarding IDFC as you have mentioned that it was a salary account but you’re not getting salary in this account so are you maintaining anything there or has your account changed to saving account where one has to maintain MAB?
It has been 11 months since opening. I do occasionally get message stating that Salary has not been credited for 3 months but I maintain 0 MAB. Still a Salary account and no charges yet.

It has been 11 months since opening. I do occasionally get message stating that Salary has not been credited for 3 months but I maintain 0 MAB. Still a Salary account and no charges yet.
That means you’re still enjoying the perks of salary account, despite not getting the salary in this account.

It seems but I haven’t even used it for the last 4 months lol. Are there any benefits?
No benefits. They don’t give pre approved credit cards to salary account holder & just promoting the FD based Wow CC. The good thing is that they don’t charge for anything like IMPS, NEFT, SMS or any other services unlike others.

Demat
Customer Care
Decent RM
Good Interface
Reliability

Demat - Upstox, with maybe IndusInd 3-1 account?
Customer Care - ICICI wealth , Kotak Privy Platinum,
Decent RM - why do you need an RM anyway? Still, Kotak.
High Limits on DC and Transfers - ICICI wealth , Kotak Privy Platinum,
Good Interface - subjective, still ICICI wealth , Kotak Privy Platinum both arent bad,
0 Forex or rewards on DC that compensate - IndusInd Exclusive
Reliability - ICICI wealth , Kotak Privy Platinum,
Reward on CC Bill Payment - IndusInd Exclusive

Demat - Upstox, with maybe IndusInd 3-1 account?
Customer Care - ICICI wealth , Kotak Privy Platinum,
Decent RM - why do you need an RM anyway? Still, Kotak.
High Limits on DC and Transfers - ICICI wealth , Kotak Privy Platinum,
Good Interface - subjective, still ICICI wealth , Kotak Privy Platinum both arent bad,
0 Forex or rewards on DC that compensate - IndusInd Exclusive
Reliability - ICICI wealth , Kotak Privy Platinum,
Reward on CC Bill Payment - IndusInd Exclusive
Upstox charges 0.5 on delivery. Which is insane for a discount broker. I get 0.1 with Yes First

I dislike Kotak due to various reasons

Upstox charges 0.5 on delivery. Which is insane for a discount broker. I get 0.1 with Yes First

I dislike Kotak due to various reasons
If Demat is your highest pririty then compare charges offered by Indus, Yes, ICICI on Demat's and then make a decision. You do delivery or intraday ?

If Demat is your highest pririty then compare charges offered by Indus, Yes, ICICI on Demat's and then make a decision. You do delivery or intraday ?
I do both. And the rates offered by Yes Securities and the Wealth account are very tempting. But, the branch is kinda useless and definitely doesn’t treat you like a Yes First customer.

Back