• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pro Tips to make a SBI card life time free

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
Pro Tips-

Simple way to make Any basic to mid range SBI card LTF is to "Just raise a closure of card account request through Sbi card app .After few hours you will receive a call to ask a reason for cancellation ,there tell them Either make it Life time free or cancel the card.They will make your Card LTF.Done on my both sbi card and now both are LTF.Service request to make your card LTF is taken as PCT id is to be changed.You can check in service request tracking menu.

Caution:-If you holding multiple cards of SBI then kindly do this process at one card at a time only.Do on other card after at least month. If at any point SBI Card is not agreeing on LTF and offering you Annual Fee waivers only then Accept Fee waivers at that moment and Apply the same trick Again after 1 or 2 months for LTF.
IF ANYONE HAVING ANY SPECEFIC CONCERN THEN DO DM.

Edit 1-If afterall anyone missed the call from retention team then they can simply call customer care and there simply tell them to connect/transfer you call to retention team as i want to discuss regarding my card closure request.They will connect you to their retention team and now there you can project the above trick to get your card LTF ..

Edit 2(09 July 2023)-Even people have made sbi cards having fee upto 1499 LTF and even higher varriant cards you will get equivalent reward points or miles or annual fee waiver in place of LTF.

Edit 3(15 October 2023)- Even people have made their SBI cashback credit card LTF by their skill of negotiation.

Edit 4-Now a days SBI Cards sometime,closing the card without calling so suggest now dont place request through app by self .Call customer care directly and ask them for LTF/fre waivers or to transfer the call to retention team for doing the same.

scn

TF Select
ha, one time 4500 rs tak wapas mila h family me, when family member unable to pay and pay only min. due for some months

Last edited:

exo

TF Buzz
This I posted today in a Reddit sub thread and I got link of this Technofino thread fron there.

I have simply click since 2018. This year, I could only spent 96K and did not meet 1L spend for annual fee reversal. I sent an email to customer care to do one time fee waiver this time. They said they won't make it LFT(I did not ask them, looks like lot of people ask for it (and now I know who is sending them to SBI :D) and they assumed I was asking) and said no to one time fee reversal as well.

This is what they said:

"We wish to apprise you the annual fee billed to your card account is a basic product price which covers only a portion of the cost incurred by us in maintaining your card account.

We wish to inform you that annual fee of Rs 499 plus service tax (Applicable Taxes) is applicable for your card account.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to reverse any amount towards the annual membership fee on your SBI card account."

I have paid the annual fee today.

So now, How do I threaten them about closing the card? I don't want to actually close it since Amazon and Flipkart have offers for SBI cards.

scn

TF Select
This I posted today in a Reddit sub thread and I got link of this Technofino thread fron there.

I have simply click since 2018. This year, I could only spent 96K and did not meet 1L spend for annual fee reversal. I sent an email to customer care to do one time fee waiver this time. They said they won't make it LFT(I did not ask them, looks like lot of people ask for it (and now I know who is sending them to SBI :D) and they assumed I was asking) and said no to one time fee reversal as well.

This is what they said:

"We wish to apprise you the annual fee billed to your card account is a basic product price which covers only a portion of the cost incurred by us in maintaining your card account.

We wish to inform you that annual fee of Rs 499 plus service tax (Applicable Taxes) is applicable for your card account.

We regret to inform you that we are unable to reverse any amount towards the annual membership fee on your SBI card account."

I have paid the annual fee today.

So now, How do I threaten them about closing the card? I don't want to actually close it since Amazon and Flipkart have offers for SBI cards.
Use the App, go to close card, don't worry then don't let raise a request and you have to proceed further upto 2-3 times until final submit and ask for call confirmation slot and check all options one by one, there may be fee waiver for you,

You can do only when you don't have any outstanding left

Reactions: exo

exo

TF Buzz
Use the App, go to close card, don't worry then don't let raise a request and you have to proceed further upto 2-3 times until final submit and ask for call confirmation slot and check all options one by one, there may be fee waiver for you,

You can do only when you don't have any outstanding left
Yes, I tried few minutes back and saw few offer images in different options. But I couldn't proceed as I have outstanding balance.

I will clear it next month once the statement is generated and then try again.

scn

TF Select
Yes, I tried few minutes back and saw few offer images in different options. But I couldn't proceed as I have outstanding balance.

I will clear it next month once the statement is generated and then try again.
you can clear it anytime and no need to wait, well its your choice to do it now or bill generation based on your money management 🤠 , option will be visible instant or wait payment to settle