• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Process for name update in kotak?

What's the process for it?. The branch guys aren't accepting aadhar or pan card. They need affidavit and my name in newspaper advertisement too. The thing i don't get is the identity proof already has the correct name which i want in the bank account records, but somehow they are not ready to accept it as legal proof. This doesn't even make sense.

What's the process for it?. The branch guys aren't accepting aadhar or pan card. They need affidavit and my name in newspaper advertisement too. The thing i don't get is the identity proof already has the correct name which i want in the bank account records, but somehow they are not ready to accept it as legal proof. This doesn't even make sense.
What exactly you want to rectifyy?

It's in the title.
If the error has been done by bank then they need to admit that
If you have done it, then yeah you need to produce affidavit and gazette.

My mom's HDFC card first name was wrong (basically one letter was missing), but we filled the form 100% correctly so no chance of error from our side. We Mailed to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com and then they came back accepting their mistake and name was rectified w/o sending any docs to their legendry chennai office 🤣

See, i opened the account in 2017. It was 811 account. Problem was that only first letter of the surname was mentioned in aadhar and pan when i had opened. I had corrected it in aadhar and pan few months ago. So why tf do they need affidavit, if the corrected information is already there in legal id's. They can update surname in bank records based on my pan or aadhar card.

Yes I had the same issue. Closed the account and wanted to open later. But it has been 4 years and yet to open the account again.

See, i opened the account in 2017. It was 811 account. Problem was that only first letter of the surname was mentioned in aadhar and pan when i had opened. I had corrected it in aadhar and pan few months ago. So why tf do they need affidavit, if the corrected information is already there in legal id's. They can update surname in bank records based on my pan or aadhar card.
I can understand that it could be simple if they rectify using aadhar PAN.
But in general affidavit and ad in paper is required if there is a change in name. Even if you would go for cc bank account or even passport. They will ask

I can understand that it could be simple if they rectify using aadhar PAN.
But in general affidavit and ad in paper is required if there is a change in name. Even if you would go for cc bank account or even passport. They will ask
Honestly, affidavit will make sense only if you don't have any legal document in which the name you want is mentioned.

Honestly, affidavit will make sense only if you don't have any legal document in which the name you want is mentioned.
Nope. Any change of name in that legal document also would have required certain documentation. So just by giving your updated documents it will not be updated. Also since before your name was suppose "Ranger V", but now you are being called up by "Ranger Verma".

You could be asked affidavit and paper ad as per that financial institution that Ranger V and Ranger Verma both are same persons. And hereafter this date, I will be known as Ranger Verma.😄

Since your aadhar is updated after your bank account opening, they will not accept most probably.

If the error has been done by bank then they need to admit that
If you have done it, then yeah you need to produce affidavit and gazette.

My mom's HDFC card first name was wrong (basically one letter was missing), but we filled the form 100% correctly so no chance of error from our side. We Mailed to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com and then they came back accepting their mistake and name was rectified w/o sending any docs to their legendry chennai office 🤣
When I had got my HDFC card they made mistake in printing the name twice but I had kept a scan copy of the form showing desired name on card. So, they replaced it twice at their own cost :)

Almost similar- applied for Indian oil card, during vkyc, he said name is not matching in PAN - in pan first line (my name) my father's initial letter is mentioned and he said as per online record my father full name is showing.. i have almost 13-14 banks card since I got PAN and never updated anything

I had the same issue i got 2 first names and in kotak bank i used old aadhar card in which my surname was first then my 2 first names and then my father name so in kotak bank the use the first name and last name listed on my aadhar so my surname and father name was showing i tried to rectify it but bank staff was not helpful they require new aadhar pan name affidavit newspaper advertisement and my father aadhar and pan card but still they didnt change my name.

I had the same issue i got 2 first names and in kotak bank i used old aadhar card in which my surname was first then my 2 first names and then my father name so in kotak bank the use the first name and last name listed on my aadhar so my surname and father name was showing i tried to rectify it but bank staff was not helpful they require new aadhar pan name affidavit newspaper advertisement and my father aadhar and pan card but still they didnt change my name.
Tf 😂

Nope. Any change of name in that legal document also would have required certain documentation. So just by giving your updated documents it will not be updated. Also since before your name was suppose "Ranger V", but now you are being called up by "Ranger Verma".

You could be asked affidavit and paper ad as per that financial institution that Ranger V and Ranger Verma both are same persons. And hereafter this date, I will be known as Ranger Verma.😄

Since your aadhar is updated after your bank account opening, they will not accept most probably.
Yes. That "certain document" was my passport. Fortunately, it had full surname. Aadhar and PAN number itself are enough to confirm that it's the same person who wants updated name. Aadhar and PAN number ain't gonna change in their records. They can just cross check with their bank records and verify the number.

Atleast axis provides option for name update using aadhar, driving license and voter id through mobile app and netbanking. Don't know why other banks don't provide this facility

My indus bank account was opened using Aadhar and since my initial is in the beginning, my account is created with a single character name. Only easy way for me to change it is to close the account. I left it as I use it only for small value and it is zero balance account.

Yes. That "certain document" was my passport. Fortunately, it had full surname. Aadhar and PAN number itself are enough to confirm that it's the same person who wants updated name. Aadhar and PAN number ain't gonna change in their records. They can just cross check with their bank records and verify the number.

Atleast axis provides option for name update using aadhar, driving license and voter id through mobile app and netbanking. Don't know why other banks don't provide this facility

Back