• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Process for name update in kotak?

What's the process for it?. The branch guys aren't accepting aadhar or pan card. They need affidavit and my name in newspaper advertisement too. The thing i don't get is the identity proof already has the correct name which i want in the bank account records, but somehow they are not ready to accept it as legal proof. This doesn't even make sense.

The moment you tell them that you are ready to do some investment they will fix all your problems 🤣
Have you tried this?
Yes. That "certain document" was my passport. Fortunately, it had full surname. Aadhar and PAN number itself are enough to confirm that it's the same person who wants updated name. Aadhar and PAN number ain't gonna change in their records. They can just cross check with their bank records and verify the number.

Atleast axis provides option for name update using aadhar, driving license and voter id through mobile app and netbanking. Don't know why other banks don't provide this facility

@Ranger My saying is the same, but didn't work, their bank staff demand something else, Gazetted Notification 🤣 whereas Customer Executive directed to go by carrying one original OVD and the same is mentioned in the website itself and also in Mobile Banking under some section.
@Ranger
There was no such huge mistake or change, suppose the correct name is: Abhishek Kumar Singhaniya, whereas with the banking records, the name is Abhishek Singh Kumar, here 1st name is not changed at all which is the main one, also last name 5 letters are place on middle name and Middle name got shifted to Last name, so if gov authorised department have already updated the correct name in OVD, why Bank staff(s) is/are behaving differently such though the website suggest to visit with original any one OVD, this can also be done by giving us the option by doing Re-kyc or by giving options to fetch the details by entering Aadhar and PAN number itself, I have had read RBI Circular also, as per my best knowledge there's no such guidelines made for Name Correction or Change.

I don't think why Gazetted Notification or Newspaper Advertisement or Affidavit needed, if bank undergo with OVD for opening accounts and doing KYC, why the same can't be accepted to do correction, Aadhar and PAN got updated by providing certain proofs na, then why there's headache to accept and make is simple? There's guidelines from RBI to update the details if there's any changes in KYC documents within 30 days, if I remember, they don't bother to accept the OVD and update the latest details instead causing inconvenience to customers for nothing.

Kindly find the screenshot attached below:

Attachments

• IMG_20231229_202436_416.jpg
    IMG_20231229_202436_416.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back