• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Processing time for HDFC UPI Credit Card generation - Instant or Delayed

Mysterio_6174

TF Select
Dear forum members,

I recently applied for an HDFC UPI credit card on May 6th through the MyCards portal on the HDFC Bank website. I have attached some screenshots of the application process for your reference. However, I noticed that the process seems to have changed since I've seen others generate the card instantly in the past.

I wanted to inquire from those who have experience with this process, how much time does it usually take for HDFC Bank to generate the UPI credit card after submitting the request? Is the process still instant, or has it changed recently? Any insights or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 21.19.44.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 21.19.44.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 149
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 21.19.43.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-06 at 21.19.43.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 153

abhi2992

TF Select
the apply online is no longer showing .. :(. Also i think we have 1.1 percent charge for every transaction. not worth it if you ask me. let me know if my understanding is incorrect

pgarg24

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I was also looking for the info on this. Online apply option is not available or shown anywhere and there is no status kind of a thing in mycards app.

Did anyone actually received details for their virtual card and was able to use it?

sudu846

TF Neo
Hi,

I applied for HDFC IRCTC rupay credit card specifically to use on UPI platform.

Applied on 11th March 2023. Video KYC done within two to three days and after that it was showing In process. No news untill April 25th and on April 26th i got a message that card is dispatched. Received the card after two days and using it on Paytm and Bhim upi successfully. So it took almost 45 days to get this card.

I had Bank of baroda rupay credit card but as like many others it was not adding to UPI. No solution from BOB foe that.

coolanshu1000

TF Premier
Hi,

I applied for HDFC IRCTC rupay credit card specifically to use on UPI platform.

Applied on 11th March 2023. Video KYC done within two to three days and after that it was showing In process. No news untill April 25th and on April 26th i got a message that card is dispatched. Received the card after two days and using it on Paytm and Bhim upi successfully. So it took almost 45 days to get this card.

I had Bank of baroda rupay credit card but as like many others it was not adding to UPI. No solution from BOB foe that.
Are you getting reward points for UPI Txns?

Ashishag

TF Buzz
I tried the same but by mailing HDFC bank with respect to my Tata neu plus Visa credit card.

I sent the mail requesting them to change the my credit card to rupay network. Th mail was sent to them on 25-April-2023 and in return my new rupay card was dispatched to me by blueadart and delivered in 4 days i.e on 29th-April.

Hence, you can try the same procedure (mail id along with screenshot provided below).

Hdfc Mail id: customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com

Attachments

• 8460010C-15BB-4109-B1AB-A86F770545EF.jpeg
    8460010C-15BB-4109-B1AB-A86F770545EF.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Deathsnatcher

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
i applied 1 week back and today talked to executive he responded no card has been applied as he cant see any request process from my end

now i wonder where the hell that VCC went after applying from My Cards