• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding New savings account with DCB Bank and Niyo card

ritik321

TF Buzz
Yesterday I went to Vfs office, Kolkata India. There were some representatives of DCB Bank who told I can get Niyo debit card which has zero forex. But my location was unserviceable.
So instead they asked to open an account with them. And then they can process the Niyo card. They took my PAN Details, photo, my photo and my fingerprints and adhaar for KYC. After that they asked me to do neft 25k to an account in dcb bank (in payee name- put my name itsekf). Once this is done, they told to share the bank details (accnt no and ifsc) from which I did my neft. I could no do the neft due to some issue yesterday. So they asked to do it today.

It looks genuine and also they were doing this inside VFS office. So it should not be fake. But I have not opened any account till now through this process. So, I am not sure if I should proceed forward.

Has anyone done anything similar?

After that they asked me to do neft 25k to an account
Is this the new account that they opened?
You get the details in your SMS once they open the account, you can verify that.

If that is there, no need to worry. I have been through this process several times with different banks.

Is this the new account that they opened?
You get the details in your SMS once they open the account, you can verify that.

If that is there, no need to worry. I have been through this process several times with different banks.
The account will be opend after I make the payment. So is it fine?

The account will be opend after I make the payment. So is it fine?
I am confused. You must have an account number to send the payment via NEFT.
This account num is generated when they open the account. But until you do the initial funding, it doesn't become active.
So the account is opened first and then the funding happens.

Usually, they do the account opening procedure on a tablet or online and take the documents for a physical trail.

I am confused. You must have an account number to send the payment via NEFT.
This account num is generated when they open the account. But until you do the initial funding, it doesn't become active.
So the account is opened first and then the funding happens.

Usually, they do the account opening procedure on a tablet or online and take the documents for a physical trail.
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-12 at 9.46.41 PM.webp

They share these account details and told to neft. In the name, they told to put my name. This made me confused despite knowing they are not fake.

Back