• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

QUERY : SBI Credit card closure procedure and CPP closure ( card protection plan )

Mayur_Pune

TF Buzz
---------------- Query - SBI credit card - CPP (card protection plan) ----------------

TODAY I have recieved the below EMAIL from SBI -
" ... annual renewal fee of Card Protection Plan, is due on 31/10/2024 and will be processed through your SBI Credit Card as per mandate ID ... "
[screenshot attached]

I want to close my uncle's SBI credit card in 2-3days. There is a CPP linked to this card.

On 31OCT - Annual renewal date - i will be charged for next year - using EMI mandate on the credit card (as per the above email)

QUESTIONS:

- Is it necessary to close the CPP first before close the SBI credit card?

- Or Is it sufficient to cancel the card -- and once the card is cancelled - Not to worry about cpp being charged on the card?

Attachments

• cpp.webp
    cpp.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
---------------- Query - SBI credit card - CPP (card protection plan) ----------------

TODAY I have recieved the below EMAIL from SBI -
" ... annual renewal fee of Card Protection Plan, is due on 31/10/2024 and will be processed through your SBI Credit Card as per mandate ID ... "
[screenshot attached]

I want to close my uncle's SBI credit card in 2-3days. There is a CPP linked to this card.

On 31OCT - Annual renewal date - i will be charged for next year - using EMI mandate on the credit card (as per the above email)

QUESTIONS:

- Is it necessary to close the CPP first before close the SBI credit card?

- Or Is it sufficient to cancel the card -- and once the card is cancelled - Not to worry about cpp being charged on the card?
Do both simultaneously but do not ignore closing the CPP account. Sometimes, a pending charge is enough for any bank to keep the card open.

Also, cancel the SI via the following link -

Call CPP and raise a closure request. I have done it too. Takes a single call.

Back