• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Question on SGB before closing IDFC SB account

I also have sbi locker, and can avail one in indusind too.
But I have more trust in sbi, sbi has a homeguard who looks giant and has a gun with live rounds, while indusind guard looks like he needs his food bills reimbursed.
classic example for indusind security
they gave contract to some cheap vendor i think

Would be wise to also confirm from IDFC side as well since they have nothing to lose now whereas HDFC BM may mislead just to get your business.
will do, though HDFC already have my main business. I have a preferred account with HDFC and the BM stays in my colony so the discussion will be kind of offline rather than a direct professional one

Update:
So eventually, I was able to connect to BM who further connected me to the investment officer from the branch.
Things he confirmed:
1. I can go ahead with IDFC SB closure without any tention, the SGB(s) are linked to my Zerodha (now there was another push to close zerodha and transfer assets to HDFC :hehe:).
2. The eKuber certificates do not hold any value if SGB(s) are linked to Demat.
3. Just in case, there appears some issue which they are not aware of, IDFC system will not allow to close my SB account. Which I will come to know only after I put my account closure request.

Hope this thread will help someone who may face similar issue on a future date!!
I will update this comment in case I get any new information from IDFC* during the closure process.

Thank you everyone for giving pointers with valuable feedbacks earlier.!!

Back