• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Questions Regarding Marriot Bonvoy card

Hey Folks i am planning to apply the marriot bonvoy card , I currently hold the HDFC millinea card with 2.4L limit . I know the card doesn't have much offer since I am having upcoming travel and need lounge access I am picking up this card before proceeding with the card I have few questions

I am planning to book a 5-day room which costs 911 MYR + 47,500 points.

1. Based on the welcome benefit of 1 Free Night Award, how will this benefit be applicable? Will I have to pay only for 4 days?
  2. Is it possible to buy the points since I don't have any, or how does it work in general?
  3. How can I check whether the breakfast is complimentary, as I could not find any details on the website?
  4. Also on the website, I'm seeing that for members, if we book 4 days, 1 day will be free. Can I club this offer with my existing offer, so technically I would have to pay only for 3 days?
  5. What is the process for applying for an add-on card in Marriott, and how long will it take
  6. I have seen that it is using the Diners Club International network. How is the acceptance, as I don't want to get this card and end up with it not being accepted?
    1723119929247.png

with points booking u dont get breakfast unless you r platinum member. Ur bonvoy account needs to be at least 30 days old to buy points with any offers/discount.. for all bonvoy member if u book by points 4+1 free.. it means if u book for 5 nights with points you need to pay only for 4 nights

Hey Folks i am planning to apply the marriot bonvoy card , I currently hold the HDFC millinea card with 2.4L limit . I know the card doesn't have much offer since I am having upcoming travel and need lounge access I am picking up this card before proceeding with the card I have few questions

I am planning to book a 5-day room which costs 911 MYR + 47,500 points.

1. Based on the welcome benefit of 1 Free Night Award, how will this benefit be applicable? Will I have to pay only for 4 days?
  2. Is it possible to buy the points since I don't have any, or how does it work in general?
  3. How can I check whether the breakfast is complimentary, as I could not find any details on the website?
  4. Also on the website, I'm seeing that for members, if we book 4 days, 1 day will be free. Can I club this offer with my existing offer, so technically I would have to pay only for 3 days?
  5. What is the process for applying for an add-on card in Marriott, and how long will it take
  6. I have seen that it is using the Diners Club International network. How is the acceptance, as I don't want to get this card and end up with it not being accepted?
    View attachment 64343
1. Stay 5, Pay 4 is for points only booking. Can’t combine with cash/free night certificate + points bookings

2. You can buy points anytime, provided your account is atleast 60 days old I guess.
Ideal to buy when there is a bonus offer on

3. Breakfast is complimentary in most Marriott brands if you are Platinum Elite and above.
In India I’ve heard of many Gold Elites also being offered complimentary breakfast.
As per anecdotal evidence nicely requesting on email or at the front also has worked.

4. Give HDFC a call and check.

5. I’m sure others can weigh in.
Depends on which geographies you frequent.

All the best !

1. Stay 5, Pay 4 is for points only booking. Can’t combine with cash/free night certificate + points bookings

2. You can buy points anytime, provided your account is atleast 60 days old I guess.

3. Breakfast is complimentary in most Marriott brands if you are Platinum Elite and above.
In India I’ve heard of many Gold Elites also being offered complimentary breakfast.
As per anecdotal evidence nicely requesting on email or at the front also has worked.

All the best !
Thank you
I am new to this so I am going to create the account post getting the card only , it seems its not useful since I am not able to utilize the full since my travel is less than 40 days

Few follow up questions
Let's say I am planning to book a hotel which requires 25000 points, but the FNB is only for 15000. So I can't book the hotel right since I am not able to purchase the points since my account is not older than 30 days

All the best !
Point 3
Without golden or platinum i got it once with family
The guy at front desk just during conversation asked about my employment and confirmed that I can have free breakfast
Not sure whether its an off season lol

I tried to book sherton Imperial , I could only find to select the breakfast only for two people(paid one) , is there any way to book the breakfast I don't find the option anywhere including third party sites

Last edited:
Thank you
I am new to this so I am going to create the account post getting the card only , it seems its not useful since I am not able to utilize the full since my travel is less than 40 days

Few follow up questions
Let's say I am planning to book a hotel which requires 25000 points, but the FNB is only for 15000. So I can't book the hotel right since I am not able to purchase the points since my account is not older than 30 days
That’s correct.

If you are not eligible to buy points you can’t use a free night certificate (fnc) worth 15K to stay at a property showing 25K per night requirement.

If you are eligible, then you can top up the fnc with upto 15K points.
So basically EVEN a 30K nightly points requirement stay can be honored.
Of course, only if available.

I tried to book sherton Imperial , I could only find to select the breakfast only for two people(paid one) , is there any way to book the breakfast I don't find the option anywhere including third party sites
Third party sites generally offer a breakfast inclusive rate ( as an option), you may like to run the search through Trip Advisor, Kayak etc to check which third party site is offering breakfast inclusive option.
Marriott Bonvoy points can be used to cover spa treatments, dining expenses, and other on-property purchases made during stays at a participating Marriott hotel. To do this, charge property expenses to your room and use points to cover the charge at checkout. These redemptions do not offer a good value but an option is available.

Third party sites generally offer a breakfast inclusive rate ( as an option), you may like to run the search through Trip Advisor, Kayak etc to check which third party site is offering breakfast inclusive option.
Marriott Bonvoy points can be used to cover spa treatments, dining expenses, and other on-property purchases made during stays at a participating Marriott hotel. To do this, charge property expenses to your room and use points to cover the charge at checkout. These redemptions do not offer a good value but an option is available.
Thank you I was able to find breakfast for three people in the booking.com but not able to find it in the make my trip

So you are saying that I can redeem MB points at checkout for the stay and F&B for the booking made via third-party aggregator?
Like Accor's Step is a "By Invitation Only" program for luxury travel agencies. As a member of the Step program, Members are eligible to receive value-added benefits and VIP status as part of their stay at Accor hotels & resorts around the globe. Exclusive benefits at Accor's luxury properties worldwide.

Even Marriot has Tie up with Luxury Travel Agencies where they give u Additional Benefits if you book through them and its counted for Reward earning n Redeeming reward points. LIke Virtuoso.com, Classictraavel.com

You can contact them and ask which all properties redeem points you can contact them and get all those details

• Wow
Reactions: m4b
So you are saying that I can redeem MB points at checkout for the stay and F&B for the booking made via third-party aggregator?
I am not sure about redeeming MB points for F&B for third party bookings, but you can definitely redeem for F&B if you book directly with them.

Back