• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI Ombudsman Complaint Close. What Should i do now?

mnh007786

TF Buzz
I filed complaint against SBI Bank for SBI cashback card application. I applied Card in November 2022 but no kyc done. Several time complaint they not listen. Then i filed complaint in RBI Forum. After complaint they Contact me and said your area not serviceable for cashback card they denied VKYC and rejected my application and said "we have taken up the matter with our internal team and found that as per our internal policy we were unable to process the application as given communication address is outside our purview."

After received this reply i asked them why they allowed application non serviceable area and not mention any serviceable pincode while applying application and why they did cibil enquiry for non serviceable area card application. Still no reply comes.

Today RBI Ombudsman also closed my complaint. So what should i do now?
Should i appeal for RBI decision? Or should i request for close my 2 years old sbi SimplyClick card.?
Need your valuable suggestions and feedback

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230228_182438_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230228_182438_Gmail.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 45
I filed complaint against SBI Bank for SBI cashback card application. I applied Card in November 2022 but no kyc done. Several time complaint they not listen. Then i filed complaint in RBI Forum. After complaint they Contact me and said your area not serviceable for cashback card they denied VKYC and rejected my application and said "we have taken up the matter with our internal team and found that as per our internal policy we were unable to process the application as given communication address is outside our purview."

After received this reply i asked them why they allowed application non serviceable area and not mention any serviceable pincode while applying application and why they did cibil enquiry for non serviceable area card application. Still no reply comes.

Today RBI Ombudsman also closed my complaint. So what should i do now?
Should i appeal for RBI decision? Or should i request for close my 2 years old sbi SimplyClick card.?
Need your valuable suggestions and feedback
How your first SBI card approved? Was it same address?

They are doing the same with me also.. i also applied for cashback card in September which was rejected in Nov22 by reason - internal policies now in Feb also it got rejected instantly with same reason. I have complained till Principal nodal officer but same copy pasted reply. I am working in PSU with 792 CIBIL.

Why they set different serviceable area rule for SBI Cashback card.? And why not they mention serviceable area while applying application. ?

I don't get it. They have clearly told reason for your application rejection. It sucks it wasn't mentioned during online but still. What do you want them to do ? They change their policy for you ?

They are doing the same with me also.. i also applied for cashback card in September which was rejected in Nov22 by reason - internal policies now in Feb also it got rejected instantly with same reason. I have complained till Principal nodal officer but same copy pasted reply. I am working in PSU with 792 CIBIL.
Same situation as yours.
I also have Salary Account with them and I usually maintain 10L MAB..
Not intentionally but it lies there and I don't need to keep track of it..
Even then my application was rejected twice saying internal bank policies.
Copy pasted answer saying it's purely a business decision even after escalting to Principal Nodal Offr-> Customer Service Head.

I am seriously considering moving my salary account to other bank as atleast I hope I'll get premium CC LTF offers if I maintain 10L MAB

Why they set different serviceable area rule for SBI Cashback card.? And why not they mention serviceable area while applying application. ?
If his existing SimplySave card is serviceable at the same address, then why not Cashback card?

I too got vague rejection reason..not as per internal policies

मैंने ३० से भी ज्यादा कंप्लेंट की है आरबीआई में।

मुझे हमेशा अच्छा सपोर्ट मिला है।

आपको अपना पक्ष रखना आना चाहिए।

अगर आप अपना पक्ष अच्छे से नही रखेंगे तो ऐसा ही होगा।

Same situation as yours.
I also have Salary Account with them and I usually maintain 10L MAB..
Not intentionally but it lies there and I don't need to keep track of it..
Even then my application was rejected twice saying internal bank policies.
Copy pasted answer saying it's purely a business decision even after escalting to Principal Nodal Offr-> Customer Service Head.

I am seriously considering moving my salary account to other bank as atleast I hope I'll get premium CC LTF offers if I maintain 10L MAB
https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/new-cashback-sbi-card-launched.2580/post-79439

मैंने ३० से भी ज्यादा कंप्लेंट की है आरबीआई में।

मुझे हमेशा अच्छा सपोर्ट मिला है।

आपको अपना पक्ष रखना आना चाहिए।

अगर आप अपना पक्ष अच्छे से नही रखेंगे तो ऐसा ही होगा।
शुद्ध हिंदी 😁

Yeah.. i too will end relationship with them. No matter to continue such relation. I just asked the reason of rejection and they can't even provide that.. that's when RBI has guidelines to provide specific reply to customer for rejection of application.

Back