• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI Ombudsman Response time

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I had raised a complaint against HDFC Bank to RBI Ombudsman (5th Oct) & post review within bank HDFC has submitted their response around a month back. Post this there is no update from RBI (request still open). Anyway to send a remainder to RBI or expedite the resolution? What can be the reason for the delay?

Thanks

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

I had raised a complaint against HDFC Bank to RBI Ombudsman (5th Oct) & post review within bank HDFC has submitted their response around a month back. Post this there is no update from RBI (request still open). Anyway to send a remainder to RBI or expedite the resolution? What can be the reason for the delay?

Thanks
RBI hasn't prescribed any deadline for resolution

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Mine was open for 4 months. When contacted RBIO team said to wait. Then after total 5 months. I received a response it was closed without any resolution and the case was closed under non-appealable clause.

Joker

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Today the status changed to "Complaint in Process With RBI / Regulated Entity". Ombudsman complaints seems useless, RBI never reaches out for any communication & always closes requests under non-appealable clauses. The only good thing about it is banks puts slightly more efforts for issue resolution if raised to RBI.

aswin2cool

TF Buzz
Did anyone succeed in getting a proper resolution from RBI ombudsman query. I had raised an issue related to credit card application on Axis almost 4 months back and is stuck at being checked by RBI/regulated entity for more than a month. Fingers crossed and still waiting.