• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBL Closed Newly Issued Credit Card on (or before) card delivery date itself.

venkat

TF Buzz
Hi,

@TechnoFino, I applied for RBL credit card in May 2022 through Paisabazaar website and it was approved after in person verification at home address. Later the card was delivered.

When I was trying to register it on RBL app it was said that the card is blocked (on delivery day itself) and had to call support team to which they said to write a mail asking for unblocking card.

To which they replied saying it was permanently suspended due to bank internal risk policy and when asked for a newer one they said can't reissue it and can apply after 6 months. And further when asked why was it approved in first place I got a similar response stating "card has been permanently blocked due to internal bank policy. Further, we regret to inform you that as per bank policy, you will not be able to reissue a new card. "

Now in August credit reports it still shows active and can now even set pin, category of/off for their permanently blocked card. When called up CC one says that it will close after 45 days and another says its closed and can't be used anywhere, to which I asked a written proof/Noc. Today got a response saying the card is not cancelled and they cannot process noc.

CC'ed their PNO today and waiting for their response.

What options do I further have as their CC is not helping and their calls gets disconnected, and Email replies seems to be automated ones and don't know what they are saying.

Thanks

Happened same with me. My card was cancelled after 20days citing same reason. Here you can find similar experiences not much can be done

Hi,

@TechnoFino, I applied for RBL credit card in May 2022 through Paisabazaar website and it was approved after in person verification at home address. Later the card was delivered.

When I was trying to register it on RBL app it was said that the card is blocked (on delivery day itself) and had to call support team to which they said to write a mail asking for unblocking card.

To which they replied saying it was permanently suspended due to bank internal risk policy and when asked for a newer one they said can't reissue it and can apply after 6 months. And further when asked why was it approved in first place I got a similar response stating "card has been permanently blocked due to internal bank policy. Further, we regret to inform you that as per bank policy, you will not be able to reissue a new card. "

Now in August credit reports it still shows active and can now even set pin, category of/off for their permanently blocked card. When called up CC one says that it will close after 45 days and another says its closed and can't be used anywhere, to which I asked a written proof/Noc. Today got a response saying the card is not cancelled and they cannot process noc.

CC'ed their PNO today and waiting for their response.

What options do I further have as their CC is not helping and their calls gets disconnected, and Email replies seems to be automated ones and don't know what they are saying.

Thanks
complaint RBL via email get SR number, follow up with them for 30 days and escalate this to RBI

Back