• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Received a fraud call

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Just today couple of hours ago I received a call from this number

+91 9506282189

Where a lady, insisted that I had some unredeemed reward points for my axis bank card.

Funny thing is that all my axis cards are statement cashback cards, and its fairly straightforward thing.

So when she mentioned that I asked her "what was her system entry was telling her, like which card I've?"

She replied "Sir apane apply kiya hoga na, flipkart axis one.." and before she could even complete the sentence, call had been cut by someone (Not from my side)

Call was from UP. At least according to truecaller.

While I managed to not get victimised here, I do want to let this out here so people who know what to do with this info can know abou it.

+91 9506282189

Where a lady, insisted that I had some unredeemed reward points for my axis bank card.

Funny thing is that all my axis cards are statement cashback cards, and its fairly straightforward thing.

So when she mentioned that I asked her "what was her system entry was telling her, like which card I've?"

She replied "Sir apane apply kiya hoga na, flipkart axis one.." and before she could even complete the sentence, call had been cut by someone (Not from my side)

While I managed to not get victimised here, I do want to let this out here so people who know what to do with this info can know abou it.
Probably new way of scamming people like KYC expired, debit card blocked, discontinuation of gas connection, accepting GPay/PhonePe cashback, Winning of lottery in KBC, Receipt of expensive item from abroad and many more.

Probably new way of scamming people like KYC expired, debit card blocked, discontinuation of gas connection, accepting GPay/PhonePe cashback, Winning of lottery in KBC, Receipt of expensive item from abroad and many more.
yes but it usually happens to people with SBI cards, not axis. I'm probably more offended by that :ROFLMAO:

Data leak is prevalent, your aadhar details are on sale, you never know if your bank's servers are compromised, until some media comes clean on it.

Its best to hence keep sub limits on your debit and credit card transactions and perhaps have most of the savings balance in FD's (just having a wall of defense to crack on) instead of letting it idle on savings as cash.

Very old trick, these scammers should learn something new otherwise with the time they will be vanished & their shutters will have to be closed.

But on a serious note, I do agree that not only our AADHAR details but also the banks database are on sale now a days.
The only way to save ourselves is not to disclose any details to anybody doesn't matter if the person claims himself/herself to be the CEO of the Bank.

Quick way to identify such scam calls - almost all of them are from mobile phones. Worth bearing in mind that you'll never receive a call from any organization's service desk through the mobile network. From yesterday's papers, using same modus operandi

On a serious note, what's important here is that there is likely data leaker somewhere in a supply chain.
data leak is there in every BFSI system chain
I remember within one of month opening my first brokerage account and investing my First MF,
I used to get so many spam calls from people claiming to be stock market experts, stock market this and that and so on..

data leak is there in every BFSI system chain
I remember within one of month opening my first brokerage account and investing my First MF,
I used to get so many spam calls from people claiming to be stock market experts, stock market this and that and so on..
In that case your broker sells your info, cost of your info is Rs 7 per person.

But credit card info is little more valuable and usually not many people have access to it, bank itself will not likely leak it fearing RBI crackdown. So its either their employees/agents or your delivery people.

Considering the lady did not know anything about which card I had or which card has what system in place for rewards, I think this is likely to be latter.

And yes, this is most common with SBI. I've heard of cases in my friend circle where there were fraud transactions as soon as person received their card. :ROFLMAO:

+91 9506282189

Can Confirm it happened with my Father's Flipkart CC they randomly called and told about amazon cashback. Got suspicious and asked some question and they hung up. I think axis cards data is leaking when applied offline.

Back