• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Refundable Flights on HDFC Smartbuy?

If booking fails, immediately mail infinia support on hdfcbank as well as smartbuy. Usually they follow up. Had OTP problem and they as it showed "failed" on order history. Even once in hotel booking I had name change. They followed up for same. Flight cancelled by indigo, they confirmed I'll get full refund. Dunno about taxes part.

Also, I always say, use hotel booking to EARN points. Flights or tanishq to REDEEM them.

Which cards? Can you eloborate.
If you book flight on smartbuy you get a 300/- uber cupon which can be added to uber wallet. I have Regalia Gold where it works, not sure for other cards. And getting this cupon is not straight forward because you have to obtain that in certain window before the flight but once you learn the process its fun to do.

Didn’t they asked for reason of cancelation? There must me some hidden terms?
@adldeeps experience tells another stroy. I am confused now.
I just shared my opinion on travel experience being sold as free cancellation. I tried to read all their terms and if you want to cancel and get full refund then there are only specific scenarios in which you have can get refund. For example I booked a ticket to attend my friends wedding but later something more important came up and IF I want to cancel then this insurance will not cover that for zero cancellation.

and after few setbacks where smartbuy dont refund anything now whenever i forsee my plan as dicey I use regular agent and get cancellable tickets by paying 1-2K extra as cancellable fare

I just shared my opinion on travel experience being sold as free cancellation. I tried to read all their terms and if you want to cancel and get full refund then there are only specific scenarios in which you have can get refund. For example I booked a ticket to attend my friends wedding but later something more important came up and IF I want to cancel then this insurance will not cover that for zero cancellation.

and after few setbacks where smartbuy dont refund anything now whenever i forsee my plan as dicey I use regular agent and get cancellable tickets by paying 1-2K extra as cancellable fare
Yes. I do agree with you. Kind of shady terms.

Can agents give us a refundable tickets? How much time frame is allowed?

Yes. I do agree with you. Kind of shady terms.

Can agents give us a refundable tickets? How much time frame is allowed?
Yes Agents have options to choose from lowest fare to corporate fare or refundable etc multiple categories. Ideally the timeframe i would like to opt is upto 2-4 hrs before flight. Recently I observed that they have 2 cancellable options upto 24-48 hrs before (extra 500-1000/-)or upto 2 hours before(extra 1000-2000/-) Although we have cancellable options form aggregators like MMT/GoIBIBO/EMT but then its a big hassle to cancel and follupw up for refunds and hidden deductions.

1722238764110.webp

1722238908667.webp

Yeah, I just noticed the same. I'm looking to book air arabia for short connections and all fare options are only available directly on airline website but they bill in AED not ₹. Any way to avoid forex and book other fare class on any local OTA/aggregator website?

Didn’t they asked for reason of cancelation? There must me some hidden terms?
@adldeeps experience tells another stroy. I am confused now.
This is for the zero cancellation policy which you purchase over and above the ticket . MMT has all these things sorted . 3 yrs back I had to cancel a flight because I had covid . Uploaded the proof and got refund in 48 hours ( Different anecdote but tells you about their processes )

Back