• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reg HDFC bill payment after refund

chbhk619

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi All,
On July 2nd my HDFC CC statement got generated, total usage is 75k and paid 50k upfront to reduce utilization ratio and the bill generated is 25k.
But currently I received 30k refund from my previous month expense.

Now as the refund 30k is more than bill generated 25k should I skip paying the bill completely? If I don't pay will it be considered as not paid and reported to cibil?

Hi All,
On July 2nd my HDFC CC statement got generated, total usage is 75k and paid 50k upfront to reduce utilization ratio and the bill generated is 25k.
But currently I received 30k refund from my previous month expense.

Now as the refund 30k is more than bill generated 25k should I skip paying the bill completely? If I don't pay will it be considered as not paid and reported to cibil?
the scenario makes ur card -5000 so how can they report....dont worry

Just to close the discussion... I paid my full bill again even after refund and in 2 days extra amount is refunded to source anything above the credit limit.

HDFC is worst in handling this. They will never adjust refunds towards outstanding payment. I called customer care for Swiggy cashback that got credited after bill generation and they told me to pay fully whatever bill got generated. And cashbacks received after that will be considered for next month only.

Learnt that cashbacks or refunds after bill generation doesn't guarantee outstanding amount reduction.
If your bill amount generated is Rs 100, and you got cashback or refund of Rs 200 after the bill got generated, (even one day after bill generation), you still have to pay Rs 1000/- for that month. The Rs 200/- will be adjusted only in the next bill.
If you assume it will be adjusted in the current oustanding and pay only Rs 800/-, then be ready to pay the late fees, surcharge and all those fines. Most banks do not consider the cashback/refund in the outstanding bill amount for the ongoing cycle (Except a few). If you need confirmation, call customer care and ask clearly.
Better to be safe than sorry, just pay off in full and leave it. Though there are RBI guidelines and all other stuff, if you cannot negotiate and talk strong, banks will play against you.

Back