• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding late payment fee

mokshranka

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
My axis freecharge plus credit card due date was on 2nd Jan 2023 but due to an issue with cred not recognising my statement I missued the due date and then did the payment on 5th jan within the 3 day grace period, but axis received the payment on its end on 6th Jan and had levied me late payment fee of Rs 590 on 5th Jan itself, I tried to call axis customer care for reversal of late payment fee based on my relationship with them but even after speaking to a senior they said they cannot do anything as they have no option as these are genuine charges. Currently I have mailed axis pno for a request for waiver of my late payment fee and I have still not received any reply for them. Is there a way to get reversal of late payment fee, please help.

My axis freecharge plus credit card due date was on 2nd Jan 2023 but due to an issue with cred not recognising my statement I missued the due date and then did the payment on 5th jan within the 3 day grace period, but axis received the payment on its end on 6th Jan and had levied me late payment fee of Rs 590 on 5th Jan itself, I tried to call axis customer care for reversal of late payment fee based on my relationship with them but even after speaking to a senior they said they cannot do anything as they have no option as these are genuine charges. Currently I have mailed axis pno for a request for waiver of my late payment fee and I have still not received any reply for them. Is there a way to get reversal of late payment fee, please help.
Usually the payment date is considered even if it gets reflected the next few days.

Axis should consider the payment date

Usually the payment date is considered even if it gets reflected the next few days.

Axis should consider the payment date
I think it's card issuers prerogative to decide the payment date if payment was not credited to card on the same day it was done using third party but if same bank account is used for payment then date on which payment was done will be considered as payment date irrespective of credit date.

next 3 days to be exact(grace period mentioned by RBI)
I think you didn't understand that,
He is saying that banks consider payment dates as the date of payment and no matter when the payment settles/reflects in CC account
Again he added, axis should consider payment date rather than settlement date🙂

Back