• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Charged late payment fee without my mistake

anirudhk1995

TF Buzz
Hi ! I use multiple credit cards, and I usually make my payments on the due date itself, sometimes a day before as well. I had paid my ICICI card bill on Apr 30th (the due date) through HDFC Bill Pay ( I usually use this mode because of cashbacks ) and the amount got reflected on 6th of May ( which is the 3rd working day after 30th, May 1 being a bank holiday and 4th and 5th being weekends). I have been charged a late payment fee of 1000 Rs even though I made the payment on 30th April, and according to what I read online, RBI gives a grace period of 3 days after the bill due date ( I'm confused whether this is 3 working days or just 3 days ). I called the ICICI customer care and they say that they cant do anything. Can anyone help me put as to what to do, or is this completely my fault and I'm obliged to pay this 1000 Rs fine?

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi ! I use multiple credit cards, and I usually make my payments on the due date itself, sometimes a day before as well. I had paid my ICICI card bill on Apr 30th (the due date) through HDFC Bill Pay ( I usually use this mode because of cashbacks ) and the amount got reflected on 6th of May ( which is the 3rd working day after 30th, May 1 being a bank holiday and 4th and 5th being weekends). I have been charged a late payment fee of 1000 Rs even though I made the payment on 30th April, and according to what I read online, RBI gives a grace period of 3 days after the bill due date ( I'm confused whether this is 3 working days or just 3 days ). I called the ICICI customer care and they say that they cant do anything. Can anyone help me put as to what to do, or is this completely my fault and I'm obliged to pay this 1000 Rs fine?
It's not three working days, it's just a three-day grace period.

P B R G

TF Ace
So 30th is your due date and you have made the payment on 30th. Why not pay atleast 4-5 days prior or atleast a week prior?

Make a habit of paying your CC bills atleast a week prior to your due date. Paying at the last minute is never a good idea.

yusuf646

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So 30th is your due date and you have made the payment on 30th. Why not pay atleast 4-5 days prior or atleast a week prior?

Make a habit of paying your CC bills atleast a week prior to your due date. Paying at the last minute is never a good idea.
Yes, you are right. If, for any reason, a person has to pay the bill on the due date, they should avoid using any portals or debit cards for extra rewards. Just use UPI with CRED, Paytm, or Mobikwik instead.