• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regret after closing Credit Card - Share your experience

RockyBond

TF Premier
We all post how to get credit cards here . But sometimes we close existing credit cards and then regret later thinking it was a big mistake.

Let's share our experiences so we can learn from them.

My regret - Closing One Card as it was FD based. After using for an year closed it but then one card never gave me a card . Really regret as I will miss one card offers and probably never get it again. :(

Closed RBL BAJAJ SUPERCARD 999 + GST - had since 2018 - my first UNSECURED CC - my highest credit limit cc till now with 5.6L
Annual waiver spend increased from 50k - 100k
RP is not that good
Low usage
Have to request for annual fee waiver every year
Not ready to offer a LTF CC
REGRET - YES but slightly because i have other 12 CC's to handle now

Closed RBL BAJAJ SUPERCARD 999 + GST - had since 2018 - my first UNSECURED CC - my highest credit limit cc till now with 5.6L
Annual waiver spend increased from 50k - 100k
RP is not that good
Low usage
Have to request for annual fee waiver every year
Not ready to offer a LTF CC
REGRET - YES but slightly because i have other 12 CC's to handle now
Without spending, you get annual fee waiver ?

I had an axis Indian oil rupay credit card with limit 1.8L. I closed it within a week of getting it. Used the 250 rs fuel cashback offer. When I called cc to close it first time, they gave me 2500 edge reward points. 2nd time they gave me 2000 points. I redeemed all that for a bata voucher and bought a shoes. Third time I called asked them to close it permanently. They tried to lure me with more offers but I declined. Now I regret because If I had kept it and used it, I would have used it to get higher variant axis card later. Now I need to restart the whole journey from zero.
But why did you close it? And how were you so surback then but regretting it now!

We all post how to get credit cards here . But sometimes we close existing credit cards and then regret later thinking it was a big mistake.

My regret - Closing One Card as it was FD based. After using for an year closed it but then one card never gave me a card . Really regret as I will miss one card offers and probably never get it again. :(
I also closed one card for only being FD backed card, but no regret. Now have another, better than that.

I recently closed my IDFC WoW card. I had created FD last year with 6.5% interest and it got auto renewed at the same rate where as current IDFC rates are 7.5%. So effectively you would end up paying 1% of FD as annual fees on this card just to maintain. Asked bank to redo FD at 7.5% but they said such process does not exist. So finally closed this card.

I will mostly re apply after 2-3 months as I find this card quite useful for foreign ATM cash withdrawals and 0% forex fees

I recently closed my IDFC WoW card. I had created FD last year with 6.5% interest and it got auto renewed at the same rate where as current IDFC rates are 7.5%. So effectively you would end up paying 1% of FD as annual fees on this card just to maintain. Asked bank to redo FD at 7.5% but they said such process does not exist. So finally closed this card.

I will mostly re apply after 2-3 months as I find this card quite useful for foreign ATM cash withdrawals and 0% forex fees

did you withdrawal money in foreign ATMs, could you please share the Fee / charges details.

Is this possible to pay higher amount in advance and use the card in foreign ?

Closed IDFC Millennia after trying to increase the limit but to no avail. I did regret but after 5 months, I was offered 3.75x more limit and got Select. Regret turned into happiness.

Closed SBI Prime, did miss Pizza vouchers and regret but the fee wasn't worth the value I was getting so closed it and got Amex Plat Travel instead.

Closed Kotak Dream 811, did regret when no one still was giving me card as I got this card to build score but then OneCard came as a savior.

Closed Axis Privilege, I got regret when I took this card. However, was able to extract 5,000 ER Points 2 times I called them to close the card and they offered those points for retaining.

Closed IDFC Millennia after trying to increase the limit but to no avail. I did regret but after 5 months, I was offered 3.75x more limit and got Select. Regret turned into happiness.

Did you apply via same mobile number as in previous idfc card? It's been 5 months for me but everytime I apply, they say no offer.

I closed recently FK Axis CC, no regrets..
The one that pissed me off big time with this card was, they kept on increasing the the annual limit from 1.5 l to 3.5 now I think...
Its a big NO NO as I was plannig my spends on different cards, this Axis is so unreliable...
Should I close my Axis IOCL card? Just a month in this card. Will it impact CIBIL?

SBM FD backed One card-
Now I cannot have it again. every month I used to easily get 5x rewards points and pay bill with the same.
Closing reason- One card customer service quality issue.

Back