• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rejected SBI SimplyClick Application - Delayed Response and Seeking Advice

Subm80

TF Buzz
Hello Everyone,

I recently faced a rejection for the SBI SimplyClick card (despite already holding the SBI Cashback card).

Here’s the timeline:

• Initially, I emailed regular customer support requesting the reason for rejection and reconsideration, but they turned me down.
  • I then contacted the PNO (without escalating), and they asked me to wait 5 days. After those 5 days passed, they requested another 5 days.
  • At this point, I was growing frustrated, so I escalated the issue to the SBI Card Customer Service Head. They acknowledged my case and mentioned they were working on it (subject to approval), but didn’t provide a clear timeframe. They said they'd get back to me as soon as possible.
It’s now been about 8-9 days without any further updates from their side.

The main reason I’m eager to get the SimplyClick card is because of the frequent Amazon sale discounts, and with a sale event starting tomorrow, I’m in a bit of a rush.

So here’s my question: Should I follow up with the Customer Service Head team again to ask for a status update, or should I just wait it out? Would following up so soon hurt my chances of approval?

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Note: I don't think I'm over-leveraged. My current total limit is 1.153 times my annual net income.

Last edited:
Complaint to RBI Ombudsman and ask for 1 lac compensation.
They actually "did not" refuse to provide an explanation.
They actually took my rejected application for reconsideration and provided me with an acknowledgement number saying it is being processed (subject to approval). Although, this might be a tactic to delay the process indefinitely, instead of denying straight.

as far as I'm aware I can complain only if they refuse to provide a rejection reason.

Do you have a link to the RBI notice that says there is "1 Lac compensation", so that I can quote the same in my response mail?

If they are checking for reconsideration, all we can do is wait.
IMO if they rejected it, they would have said that. SBI Cards don't mince words in saying your profile is rejected.

Back