• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rejection of axis neo card

Tylerdurden

TF Buzz
I have multiple credit cards with good credit score of 769. I tried to apply Axis Neo card online. But It didnot allow me to complete the application online.

I initially began my application on 26/06/2024. Physical verification was done couple of weeks back.

Today I received a message that my credit card application is rejected due to not meeting Bank’s credit norms.

I dont understand how Axis bank works. Is it common for the bank to reject application like this.

Should I ask them to reconsider the rejection of application.? What is the general wait time to reapply again. Or is it worth the time to apply for the card.?

Solution
Today I received a message that my credit card application is rejected due to not meeting Bank’s credit norms.
If you have any RM assigned check with him for internal reason, Axis bank will not tell you the reason.
I dont understand how Axis bank works. Is it common for the bank to reject application like this.
Yes, bank have all the rights to reject application as this is solely depend on them.
Should I ask them to reconsider the rejection of application.? What is the general wait time to reapply again. Or is it worth the time to apply for the card.?
Usually 60-90 days post rejection.
nodalofficer@axisbank.com
& customer support no. +91 22 6798 7700
Keep patience n try to cll.on this no. 4-5 times if agent doesn't share the exact reason of rejection still if u don't get reason thn also send email to nodal officer
Update:
One axis agent after 3 calls to CS ,stated the reason for rejection as Mismatch in PAN and Aadhaar card details. My name with initial was mentioned in PAN Card and without initial/ fathers name is mentioned in Aadhaar card.
This didnt cause any rejection in any of the earlier cards. Can I represent this to the nodal officer now.? Will it be reconsidered.?

Update:
One axis agent after 3 calls to CS ,stated the reason for rejection as Mismatch in PAN and Aadhaar card details. My name with initial was mentioned in PAN Card and without initial/ fathers name is mentioned in Aadhaar card.
This didnt cause any rejection in any of the earlier cards. Can I represent this to the nodal officer now.? Will it be reconsidered.?
Yes you can and tell him the same thing he'll approve n after getting update from him please update the details here if he straightaway decline to approve the card thn request pno@axisbank.com do not send first email to pno try to do it with nodal.officer@axisbank.com

Last edited:
Yes you can and tell him the same thing he'll approve n after getting update from him please update the details here if he straightaway decline to approve the card thn request pno@axisbank.com do not send first email to pno try to do it with nodal.officer@axisbank.com
It has been a week since I sent the mail to nodal officer. Automatic reply was received that a reply would be given in 3 business days. No reply so far. How to proceed on this.?

It take a week to 10 days please wait n update the details here once u get any response
Update : after a long wait, I received a mail stating the same reason as name mismatch and they cannot reconsider my application. I sent them a mail that I have multiple cards with same proof. How can I proceed now.?

I don't have any previous relationship with Axis Bank too. Last year, in September, I also applied for the Axis Neo credit card as it was LTF back then and I needed a core Axis card for merchant offers. They rejected it the next day without even conducting a KYC!

I escalated it to their higher authority, and got a call from somebody from their team from her personal mobile number. She asked me for my income proof. I forwarded them, but they still didn't reconsider my application, and didn't even inform me of the reason of rejection either.

I applied for it again today, and this time I noticed that the video KYC option was presented right after I submitted the application, which I duly completed. I have a feeling that it would be rejected again. 🫣

Call them if it gets rejected ask the reason thn Forward it to NO or PNO
I don't have any previous relationship with Axis Bank too. Last year, in September, I also applied for the Axis Neo credit card as it was LTF back then and I needed a core Axis card for merchant offers. They rejected it the next day without even conducting a KYC!

I escalated it to their higher authority, and got a call from somebody from their team from her personal mobile number. She asked me for my income proof. I forwarded them, but they still didn't reconsider my application, and didn't even inform me of the reason of rejection either.

I applied for it again today, and this time I noticed that the video KYC option was presented right after I submitted the application, which I duly completed. I have a feeling that it would be rejected again. 🫣

Update: No point in approaching the customer care/ nodal officer/ principal nodal officer. They are telling the same thing over and over which is wrong. After this pathetic service, if we still want this card, we can apply after 6 months.

Update: No point in approaching the customer care/ nodal officer/ principal nodal officer. They are telling the same thing over and over which is wrong. After this pathetic service, if we still want this card, we can apply after 6 months.
same thing for myself too.. applied in may after a long mail chain with PNO they told the same reason as for you and even after explaining the concept of initial and everything and stating that my aadhaar and pan s linked with the same details they dint reconsider the application. now they are asking me to apply after 6 months with same name in aadhar n pan (which can never be done.) can RBI will be of any help in this regard? like rejecting application for presumably no valid reason. one request to Existing customers of axis bank- do anyone have this difference of name ( jus initial in aadhar and expanded initial as second name in pan ) in aadhar n pan but still have account/ cc with axis bank? can u shed some light on this?

same thing for myself too.. applied in may after a long mail chain with PNO they told the same reason as for you and even after explaining the concept of initial and everything and stating that my aadhaar and pan s linked with the same details they dint reconsider the application. now they are asking me to apply after 6 months with same name in aadhar n pan (which can never be done.) can RBI will be of any help in this regard? like rejecting application for presumably no valid reason. one request to Existing customers of axis bank- do anyone have this difference of name ( jus initial in aadhar and expanded initial as second name in pan ) in aadhar n pan but still have account/ cc with axis bank? can u shed some light on this?
I dont think there is any point in explaining this to them. They are looking for a way to reject my application. I must say I am no longer interested in applying for their card. I dont think RBI will intervene in this. If you are lucky, update in this thread.

Back