• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Remove Overdraft Account from Credit Report

thekirang

TF Select
i opened Bank of Maharashtra Jan Dhan Account "maha sarvjan saving bank account" on 17/11/2014 with overdraft provided facility by default.
Due to overdraft facility of 2k, it was in my cibil as "overdraft" I thought just for for 2k it's not worth to keep this overdraft in report.

To close this overdraft facility, I upgraded account type.

On 15th March 2023 i changed this account type to "general public saving account".

But still In my credit report, BOM account is reflecting as OVERDRAFT account.

Any solution to remove this overdraft Account from credit bureau report ??

To close this overdraft facility. I upgrade account type.

On 15th March 2023 i changed this account type to "general public saving account".

Any solution to remove this overdraft Account from credit bureau report ??closure of overdraft facility of my account to credit bureau and make keep it simple saving account.

Hello,

i opened Bank of Maharashtra Jan Dhan Account "maha sarvjan saving bank account" on 17/11/2014 with overdraft provided facility by default.
Due to overdraft facility of 2k, it was in my cibil as "overdraft" I thought just for for 2k it's not worth to keep this overdraft in report.

To close this overdraft facility, I upgraded account type.

To close this overdraft facility. I upgrade account type.

Any solution to remove this overdraft Account from credit bureau report ??closure of overdraft facility of my account to credit bureau and make keep it simple saving account.
Hello,

I too have recently opened the Sarvajan account and I was surprised to see an OD entry in my CIBIL report. I thought it has happened by some error and I need to inform the management asap. But based on your post it seems, it is a standard procedure.

Can you please tell me a little more about it? For e.g., the OD limit is Rs.2000? Do you know from where I can find more details about it.

I was told the debit card provided with it will be chargeable from second year, is it true? PMJDY accounts are supposed to get free debit card, no?

Additionally, I thought these accounts cannot be upgraded but must be closed and then reapply afresh for a different account. Since you now hold general account, I suppose you have to maintain AMB, chargeable debit card and other associated charges.

Thank you in advance for your response. ✌️

I found OD details in CIBIL Report,
My PMJDY dc is chargeable from 2nd yr onwards,

In my case, I upgraded from pmjdy to normal account (mab 1k).

OD was by default with pmjdy acc. to close OD I upgrade acc. But OD is still showing active. Now I am going to close upgraded account also

I found OD details in CIBIL Report,
My PMJDY dc is chargeable from 2nd yr onwards,

In my case, I upgraded from pmjdy to normal account (mab 1k).

OD was by default with pmjdy acc. to close OD I upgrade acc. But OD is still showing active. Now I am going to close upgraded account also
I see.

Since PMJDY account is considered BSBD account as per their schedule of charges debit card should be free.

Why don't you follow the grievance redressal matrix of the bank all the way to the Ombudsman. When BO gets involved, banks usually take things seriously. Especially if the bank doesn't respond properly within 30 days as is usually the case with PSBs.

Back