• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone Have Overdraft from a Savings Account?

It is nothing but CLEAN OVERDRAFT loan facility. Some banks also call this as PERSONAL LOAN. Unsecured. Higher interest rate, applied monthly. This is a planned Current/Loan Account which usually has only negative balances. This account may be an open account - which allows multiple debits/withdrawals - upto a limit. Or, a one-off account with only one main withdrawal debit n shall be closed after the red balance come into credit/black.

Savings Bank (or Savings Fund) account must have only Credit balances. Except under a few circumstances like :
a. Reversal of earlier credit entries.
b. Bank charges - ex. Locker charges...
c. Statutory n obligatory debits.
...... In such cases, the balance may go into red - rare occurances.

This feature is good for banks and Govt.
Fraud also more with this feature since cheques can be misused/encashed by any one even when the savings account balance is zero too.
They get fee for each transaction. Instead use your CC to bank option when needed.

Please read the fine print in the attachment to his post (# 25).

Features​

• Unsecured overdraft facility
  • Pre-approved overdraft offer up to Rs.5 lakhs
  • Online Loan processing
  • Instant limit set up in new Overdraft Account
  • Pay interest only on the amount utilized
  • Paperless processing
  • No collateral required
  • No commitment charges
  • No prepayment/foreclosure charges
20 years back, this was a facility auto provided with salary acct. Now they have delinked it into a separate product and added 1% annual processing fee.

Features​

• Unsecured overdraft facility
  • Pre-approved overdraft offer up to Rs.5 lakhs
  • Online Loan processing
  • Instant limit set up in new Overdraft Account
  • Pay interest only on the amount utilized
  • Paperless processing
  • No collateral required
  • No commitment charges
  • No prepayment/foreclosure charges
20 years back, this was a facility auto provided with salary acct. Now they have delinked it into a separate product and added 1% annual processing fee.
Good to know this.
One hurdle is cleared.
What about the second ?

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
this is my pre approved insta OD as i hold salary account with icici for 8 years, i have no loan requirement right now, im just curious about this. has any one availed this offer?
I availed this offer!
1, It’s CURRENT account sanctioned Overdraft facility
2, Separate Cheque Book will be issued
3, No debit cards (as per RBI guidelines) only enquire card
4, You need to visit branch for Activation of CIB netbanking as mentioned in point one you cannot operate this account in Imobile App but you can operate on Insta Biz App.
5. After the sanction page you redirect to NESL site to sign the agreement

RKC

TF Buzz
I availed this offer!
1, It’s CURRENT account sanctioned Overdraft facility
2, Separate Cheque Book will be issued
3, No debit cards (as per RBI guidelines) only enquire card
4, You need to visit branch for Activation of CIB netbanking as mentioned in point one you cannot operate this account in Imobile App but you can operate on Insta Biz App.
5. After the sanction page you redirect to NESL site to sign the agreement
but i dont have a current account and this offer is a pre approved offer of my salary account. what are the next steps if i click proceed ? do i have to visit my home branch compulsorily?

Indian

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
but i dont have a current account and this offer is a pre approved offer of my salary account. what are the next steps if i click proceed ? do i have to visit my home branch compulsorily?
They will open new current account instantly in your name , after the page you posted above (sanctioned page ) redirect to NESL website to sign agreement by ADHAAR OTP and next page account got opened with overdraft facility based on your existing icici account, you need to visit nearest branch for net banking and mobile banking , if you want more clarification , don’t worry icici will call you because any online application left incomplete they will call you.

Last edited:

RKC

TF Buzz
They will open new current account instantly in your name , after the page you posted above (sanctioned page ) redirect to NESL website to sign agreement by ADHAAR OTP and next page account got opened with overdraft facility based on your existing icici account, you need to visit nearest branch for net banking and mobile banking , if you want more clarification , don’t worry icici will call you because any online application left incomplete they will call you.
thank you for the information, actually i am out of country for a while and i found this offer in my internet banking. i am just figuring out whether this offer worth all the effort.