• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Rent payment issues via Axis Vistara Infinite CC

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and this is actually my first post.

I got Axis Vistara Infinite cc last year which has been serving me well and paying my rent through Cred.
Recently, our rent got spiked to 50k and as usual, I used Cred to pay the rent but the transaction failed. I got an SMS from Axis bank that my transaction has been declined. I tried 2-3 times but could not get it to work and everytime I would get a decline message (limit was not the problem).
I am also aware of the fact that rental payments would no longer count to the milestone benefits. I have got below questions :

a) For any rental payments >=50k, do you deduct the TDS and then transfer the payment? I vaguely remember there is some IT rule around this.
b) For anyone using the same card, are you able to pay rent via Cred?
c) Is there a better platform to use other than Cred which also counts rent payment under the milestone benefit?
d) Lastly, I got this card majorly due to the frequent domestic flight travels I have to do, can you suggest a different/better card which offers similar benefits and also counts rent payment under their milestone benefits?

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am paying rent that’s more than 50k using Axis Vistara Infinite and CRED and have not faced any issue so far. I got CV points and they did not charge additional 1%, but I know this will change from June 1st

You are supposed to deduct tds and deposit with the government, but you can do that on quarterly or even yearly basis.