• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Requested for emeralde, offered sapphiro paid

Hello,
My Dad has a good relationship with ICICI and the BM is close enough and any banking related queries are always done over phone or they always come home promptly. This made me ask him to introduce me and he talked to BM. Fast forward, I was given a WM account with my dad's introduction and an initial funding of 3L. Took it out in a few weeks though.

Now, I wanted to try for emeralde and when I spoke to BM, he introduced a PL & CC RM to me and told we'll see what happens and if there is a BM approval required, he'd give it without any 2nd thought. Initially RM was very positive of giving a emeralde despite me saying I fall way short of the expected monthly salary, my company is not listed in their system, I dont have the expected NRV with them. We proceeded and then UCJ (their internal system for employees to see eligibility) didnt show emeralde (infact just this one, no coral as well) paid. I asked what happened to emeralde and then he switched his words and keeps saying I dont meet criteria. I can take a loan for 30L and may be they'll offer FYF. I told him, if its emeralde, I dont mind paying but he keeps saying emeralde is impossible and take sapphiro and probably I might get an upgrade.

I clearly told him, I can take sapphiro if its LTF since its not a good rewarding card and I have other cards (Amazon pay ICICI, Regalia Gold, IndusInd Legend all with >5L limit). I even gave him an option to apply using C2C route to see if emeralde would be eligible or sapphiro can be made LTF.

When I received no convincing response from him, I told him:
1. Get me a emeralde or emeralde private with membership fee
2. Get me a sapphiro LTF
or lets close the application and not proceed further. I feel there's no point in paying 6.5k+GST membership fee + 3.5k+GST renewal fee each year for sapphiro. Am I being wrong here?

MONEY

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
A representative from the private wealth contacted me. I told her that I don't have any relationship with ICICI other LTF CCs. She explained what managed products they have and so on. I have had prior discussions with them before. I don't know if people recall, but I was the first to let everyone know here that Plastic Emeralde is being discontinued for the Private Metal variant all thanks to info from her. It indeed happen, they stopped issuing plastic emeralde for a while to make way for the metal.

Now about the LTF Emeralde - I simply asked her if she can get me Emeralde Metal LTF without opening an account with them. She responded "No that won't be possible, however she will get back to me". Around late afternoon I got a call from some ICICI CC RM and he said - metal won't be possible without moving my salary account, however, he can get me LTF plastic. I said sure!

Next day their guy came to collect my 3-month bank statement, salary slips and biometric done. Within 4 days maybe? the card arrived. Same limit of 26L.
What's your nett salary credit ? Also was your company listed in their Corporate salary program ?

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you maintain a credit card relationship with ICICI and get LE for over 6L CL ,they'll automatically offer you Emerald PVC paid upgrade

1000101816.jpg

But why do you want this card paid, it's not very good ,apart from unlimited Lounges and Spa ,it has abysmal reward rate

Emerald Private Metal on the other hand is a very good card to take even paid ,but quite difficult to get

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also ,i spoke with Deputy Branch Manager and Credit card guy at my home ICICI Branch couple of days ago ,and this is what found

- Salary Requirement for ICICI Emerald Private Metal Card is 3L pm ,

- Requirement to make Emerald PVC LTF is 2 cr NRV (seems too high ,i know others have gotten LTF via Corporate Salary Account with ICICI)

sjmajumder

TF Ace
A representative from the private wealth contacted me. I told her that I don't have any relationship with ICICI other LTF CCs. She explained what managed products they have and so on. I have had prior discussions with them before. I don't know if people recall, but I was the first to let everyone know here that Plastic Emeralde is being discontinued for the Private Metal variant all thanks to info from her. It indeed happen, they stopped issuing plastic emeralde for a while to make way for the metal.

Now about the LTF Emeralde - I simply asked her if she can get me Emeralde Metal LTF without opening an account with them. She responded "No that won't be possible, however she will get back to me". Around late afternoon I got a call from some ICICI CC RM and he said - metal won't be possible without moving my salary account, however, he can get me LTF plastic. I said sure!

Next day their guy came to collect my 3-month bank statement, salary slips and biometric done. Within 4 days maybe? the card arrived. Same limit of 26L.
Do you meet the salary criteria >3L per month?