• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Requested for emeralde, offered sapphiro paid

Hello,
My Dad has a good relationship with ICICI and the BM is close enough and any banking related queries are always done over phone or they always come home promptly. This made me ask him to introduce me and he talked to BM. Fast forward, I was given a WM account with my dad's introduction and an initial funding of 3L. Took it out in a few weeks though.

Now, I wanted to try for emeralde and when I spoke to BM, he introduced a PL & CC RM to me and told we'll see what happens and if there is a BM approval required, he'd give it without any 2nd thought. Initially RM was very positive of giving a emeralde despite me saying I fall way short of the expected monthly salary, my company is not listed in their system, I dont have the expected NRV with them. We proceeded and then UCJ (their internal system for employees to see eligibility) didnt show emeralde (infact just this one, no coral as well) paid. I asked what happened to emeralde and then he switched his words and keeps saying I dont meet criteria. I can take a loan for 30L and may be they'll offer FYF. I told him, if its emeralde, I dont mind paying but he keeps saying emeralde is impossible and take sapphiro and probably I might get an upgrade.

I clearly told him, I can take sapphiro if its LTF since its not a good rewarding card and I have other cards (Amazon pay ICICI, Regalia Gold, IndusInd Legend all with >5L limit). I even gave him an option to apply using C2C route to see if emeralde would be eligible or sapphiro can be made LTF.

When I received no convincing response from him, I told him:
1. Get me a emeralde or emeralde private with membership fee
2. Get me a sapphiro LTF
or lets close the application and not proceed further. I feel there's no point in paying 6.5k+GST membership fee + 3.5k+GST renewal fee each year for sapphiro. Am I being wrong here?

If so, I have been reading about sapphiro for few days now and they really dont seem to answer me or address my situation or I completely missed a thread/post. I'm wondering what are the ways I can about here that I have credit cards with good limit, can I push further with C2C application or just take sapphiro paid and ask to convert to LTF later with hope that I'll get emeralde later

drsel

TF Legend
Hello,
My Dad has a good relationship with ICICI and the BM is close enough and any banking related queries are always done over phone or they always come home promptly. This made me ask him to introduce me and he talked to BM. Fast forward, I was given a WM account with my dad's introduction and an initial funding of 3L. Took it out in a few weeks though.

Now, I wanted to try for emeralde and when I spoke to BM, he introduced a PL & CC RM to me and told we'll see what happens and if there is a BM approval required, he'd give it without any 2nd thought. Initially RM was very positive of giving a emeralde despite me saying I fall way short of the expected monthly salary, my company is not listed in their system, I dont have the expected NRV with them. We proceeded and then UCJ (their internal system for employees to see eligibility) didnt show emeralde (infact just this one, no coral as well) paid. I asked what happened to emeralde and then he switched his words and keeps saying I dont meet criteria. I can take a loan for 30L and may be they'll offer FYF. I told him, if its emeralde, I dont mind paying but he keeps saying emeralde is impossible and take sapphiro and probably I might get an upgrade.

I clearly told him, I can take sapphiro if its LTF since its not a good rewarding card and I have other cards (Amazon pay ICICI, Regalia Gold, IndusInd Legend all with >5L limit). I even gave him an option to apply using C2C route to see if emeralde would be eligible or sapphiro can be made LTF.

2. Get me a sapphiro LTF
or lets close the application and not proceed further. I feel there's no point in paying 6.5k+GST membership fee + 3.5k+GST renewal fee each year for sapphiro. Am I being wrong here?
If they refuse to give you the ICICI Emeralde private metal card then forget about taking any other card in the gem collection.
Because other cards in the gem collection are not worth it.

You could go for ICICI MMT signature with spa access

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello,

2. Get me a sapphiro LTF
Sapphiro should be taken only If LTF else don't proceed

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
If you hold an existing ICICI card and are okay with Emeralde plastic paid. then call the wealth management customer care team and ask them to upgrade your existing ICICI card, they will do it from their end.

The journey didnt end well. I didnt hear back for sapphiro LTF. I'd give the emeralde plastic a try later though. Thanks for the replies :)

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have Emeralde plastic LTF, Sapphiro LTF, Coral Rupay LTF and APAY - All this without any banking relationship with them. If I can get it, then please by all means you should too given you have a banking relationship with them.

ZappyRed

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have Emeralde plastic LTF, Sapphiro LTF, Coral Rupay LTF and APAY - All this without any banking relationship with them. If I can get it, then please by all means you should too given you have a banking relationship with them.
Yes..even I have emerald plactic LTF, can I upgrade it to metal LTF?

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A representative from the private wealth contacted me. I told her that I don't have any relationship with ICICI other LTF CCs. She explained what managed products they have and so on. I have had prior discussions with them before. I don't know if people recall, but I was the first to let everyone know here that Plastic Emeralde is being discontinued for the Private Metal variant all thanks to info from her. It indeed happen, they stopped issuing plastic emeralde for a while to make way for the metal.

Now about the LTF Emeralde - I simply asked her if she can get me Emeralde Metal LTF without opening an account with them. She responded "No that won't be possible, however she will get back to me". Around late afternoon I got a call from some ICICI CC RM and he said - metal won't be possible without moving my salary account, however, he can get me LTF plastic. I said sure!

Next day their guy came to collect my 3-month bank statement, salary slips and biometric done. Within 4 days maybe? the card arrived. Same limit of 26L.

1RC

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes..even I have emerald plactic LTF, can I upgrade it to metal LTF?
I am not aware. If you have a banking relationship with ICICI then maybe speak to your RM. I don't have one. They mentioned LTF Emeralde will not be possible for me. Maybe I don't meet their NRV/HNI criteria.

sidp

TF Ace
he switched his words and keeps saying I dont meet criteria. I can take a loan for 30L and may be they'll offer FYF. I told him, if its emeralde, I dont mind paying but he keeps saying emeralde is impossible and take sapphiro and probably I might get an upgrade.
If you plan to take 30L loan, then better to take it from hdfc and leverage to upgrade your regalia gold into dcb/infinnia. They are anyway better than emeralde.
If your spend in last 6m is decent, you may get with much lesser commitment.
No icici card is worth paying fees. May be hpcl super saver and apay are the exception. Its funny that useful card like apay is free and useless cards like rubyx/sapphiro have so much fees.

ZappyRed

TF Select
VIP Lounge
A representative from the private wealth contacted me. I told her that I don't have any relationship with ICICI other LTF CCs. She explained what managed products they have and so on. I have had prior discussions with them before. I don't know if people recall, but I was the first to let everyone know here that Plastic Emeralde is being discontinued for the Private Metal variant all thanks to info from her. It indeed happen, they stopped issuing plastic emeralde for a while to make way for the metal.

Now about the LTF Emeralde - I simply asked her if she can get me Emeralde Metal LTF without opening an account with them. She responded "No that won't be possible, however she will get back to me". Around late afternoon I got a call from some ICICI CC RM and he said - metal won't be possible without moving my salary account, however, he can get me LTF plastic. I said sure!

Next day their guy came to collect my 3-month bank statement, salary slips and biometric done. Within 4 days maybe? the card arrived. Same limit of 26L.
Also, one question, I got plastic emerald issued just a few days ago. you said it is discontinued?

mj01

TF Select
This is like asking for a 30% hike during job switch and the HR saying we can give you the job if you take a 10% pay cut 😂

Jokes apart, paid Sapphiro is a hard pass IMO. There are much better cards in the market around that price range!