• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reversal of charge for failed RuPay on UPI transaction

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
Yesterday, while paying society maintenance via MyGate, I encountered two failed transactions. Once for the Federal Bank Wave card and once for BoB Snapdeal card. For both transactions, Gpay and MyGate told me that the transaction was declined by the bank but later I found out that it was because MyGate doesn't allow the use of RuPay cards when paying through UPI. I normally never use either of these cards for such large transactions but the Federal Bank Wave card was supposed to give 10% cashback on the first 5 transactions, so I decided to give it a shot. When that transaction failed, I thought it was a bank issue (because that's what I was told) and tried BoB Snapdeal instead. Only when that had a similar failure, I used the regular UPI option.

Both times, the amount (~15k) were deducted from the respective credit cards while MyGate marked both as failed transactions. Currently, BoB shows that as a successful transaction while the Federal Bank has it marked as "Processing". I know that such transactions can get reversed or refunded within 5-7 working days but my worry is with regards to the monthly bill generation. Both these cards are 10 days away from statement generation, and given the "working" part of 5-7 days reversal window, there is a chance of it being included as a spend.

So, should I raise a dispute for these transactions with the bank and/or MyGate? Or should I just wait for a week before taking any action? I don't want to have two of my least-used-cards showing a failed transaction of 15k each in the monthly statement

I know that such transactions can get reversed or refunded within 5-7 working days but my worry is with regards to the monthly bill generation. Both these cards are 10 days away from statement generation, and given the "working" part of 5-7 days reversal window, there is a chance of it being included as a spend.

So, should I raise a dispute for these transactions with the bank and/or MyGate? Or should I just wait for a week before taking any action?

Just wait and watch. You have plenty of time (till the due dates for payment) for the issues to get resolved.

Back