• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Reward point redemption methods

cardio_guy

TF Ace
For many banks, redeeming reward points can be quite expensive. Typically, rewards portals charge Rs 99 + GST for point redemption, which totals around Rs 110/-.
To cover this cost, you would need 440 points if the conversion rate is 4 points = 1 Rs.
Even with a 1 point = 1 Rs conversion rate, you would still need 110 points just to break even.

There are, however, a few places where you can redeem reward points without incurring extra charges.
One such example is BookMyShow, which does not charge an additional fee for point redemptions.
Are there any other online or offline stores where you can redeem reward points without paying extra fees like Rs 50 or Rs 100?

What are your experiences? Also, what are your preferred cards or choices for point redemptions?

For many banks, redeeming reward points can be quite expensive. Typically, rewards portals charge Rs 99 + GST for point redemption, which totals around Rs 110/-.
To cover this cost, you would need 440 points if the conversion rate is 4 points = 1 Rs.
Even with a 1 point = 1 Rs conversion rate, you would still need 110 points just to break even.

There are, however, a few places where you can redeem reward points without incurring extra charges.
One such example is BookMyShow, which does not charge an additional fee for point redemptions.
Are there any other online or offline stores where you can redeem reward points without paying extra fees like Rs 50 or Rs 100?

What are your experiences? Also, what are your preferred cards or choices for point redemptions?
Which bank are you talking about? Also, it would be great if you could elaborate on BookMyShow part.

Which bank are you talking about? Also, it would be great if you could elaborate on BookMyShow part.
I was talking in general for all cards. Is there any card which has 0 redemption fees?

In Bookmyshow, while making payment, there is an option to pay by using reward points and you need to select yuor banka nd it will fetch the points available to redeem.

I was talking in general for all cards. Is there any card which has 0 redemption fees?
Well, if we talk about conversion of points into cash value (directly). There is a thread as far as I remember, someone has compiled all the banks in that.

In Bookmyshow, while making payment, there is an option to pay by using reward points and you need to select yuor banka nd it will fetch the points available to redeem.
Ahh I get what you meant, I thought of something else.

Back