• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB Reward Points not credited for Insurance Payment using Diners

PiyushA1

TF Buzz
I made a payment of 40k using my Diners card on LIC's site on 21st Aug and the statement got generated today (23rd Aug). To my surprise, the reward points for this transaction were not credited.
Did HDFC stop giving out reward points for insurance payments using Diners? Their T&C says there's a cap of 5k per day though.

On a side node, I need to make an insurance payment of 1.1L. Will Apay support such a huge amount with GCs?

Edit: The transaction shows up in the billrd transactions though no reward points have been credited.

Last edited:
On a side node, I need to make an insurance payment of 1.1L. Will Apay support such a huge amount with GCs?
Question: Is there any upper limit for the value of insurance premium payment?

Answer: Yes, insurance premium payment up to the value of INR 1 lakh is only permitted on Amazon. It is hereby clarified that any insurance premium payment for an amount equivalent to INR 1 lakh or above will not be processed on Amazon.

Source: https://www.amazon.in/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G5X8WM52MQ2AM9TG

I made a payment of 40k using my Diners card on LIC's site on 21st Aug and the statement got generated today (23rd Aug). To my surprise, the reward points for this transaction were not credited.
Did HDFC stop giving out reward points for insurance payments using Diners? Their T&C says there's a cap of 5k per day though.

LIC might not have claimed the amount yet. Does it still appears under unbilled transactions?

My Health Insurance payment was claimed by the merchant on the 3rd day.

Back