• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Rumor with burgundy axis magnus could be LTF (by Sep 2023 it should be official by axis i think you never know though)

@Harry1 @drsel

I have 0 points right now, but looking forward to collect about 50-75k MB & 1.75-2lk Edge Reward (23p after 45 days) over the next 2 months.

Should I keep transferring the points to Air France? I have a flight that requires about 2lk points and I am thinking to do it via AF, but I am scared that in 2months the points requirements might change.

What should I do?
1 - Should I transfer as I get points. (The problem with this approach is that they may change the requirements depending on availability)

2 - Should I not transfer and when I get the whole 2.5lk ER/MB I start transferring? (The problem with this approach is that I might meet a deadlock due to less MB.)

3- Should I tell Traveledge/premium experience to do it? (The problem with this approach is that I have never done it. And I am not sure how hit or miss it is).
Always transfer when u have immediate use. Parking is really a bad idea if u r not going to use it within 3 to 4 months.

@Harry1 @drsel

I have 0 points right now, but looking forward to collect about 50-75k MB & 1.75-2lk Edge Reward (23p after 45 days) over the next 2 months.

Should I keep transferring the points to Air France? I have a flight that requires about 2lk points and I am thinking to do it via AF, but I am scared that in 2months the points requirements might change.

What should I do?
1 - Should I transfer as I get points. (The problem with this approach is that they may change the requirements depending on availability)

2 - Should I not transfer and when I get the whole 2.5lk ER/MB I start transferring? (The problem with this approach is that I might meet a deadlock due to less MB.)

3- Should I tell Traveledge/premium experience to do it? (The problem with this approach is that I have never done it. And I am not sure how hit or miss it is).
I would buy the Air France tickets on Traveledge and get 24% return spends up to 2 lacs and 14% for the balance amount above 2 lakh

Last edited:
I would buy the Air France tickets on Traveledge and get 24% return spends up to 2 lacs and 14% for the balance amount above 2 lakh
Free ka maal mil raha hai, paisa kyu du.

I am actually surprised yall said to go with 1st option.

Because if I lock in with AF I won't be able to fly in Air India which is giving similar flights but for 380k miles.

But I do see yall point.

I guess I will risk it.

Always transfer when u have immediate use. Parking is really a bad idea if u r not going to use it within 3 to 4 months.
My first priority is Accor.

I never keep anypoints in hand if I have budget to move it to accor.

Though I am kind of regretting it now because I need 2.5lk points for my May 2025 holiday.

But am sure I will conjure it up.

Free ka maal mil raha hai, paisa kyu du.

I am actually surprised yall said to go with 1st option.

Because if I lock in with AF I won't be able to fly in Air India which is giving similar flights but for 380k miles.

But I do see yall point.

I guess I will risk it.
Air France miles are worth 57 paisa for economy seats
Air India miles are worth about 30 paisa for international flights, 50 paisa for domestic flights (all for economy seats)

Last edited:
@Harry1 @drsel

What should I do?

Transfer to airline partner should be done only when you ready to book and have availability unless you very sure of it. Like i had transferred to Krisflyer for my newzealand trip as i was fairly certain or availability and points required and krisflyer is a stable program.. especially if you using ffp miles to book some partner airline it can be more tricky.. like united for vistara, lufthansa etc. you can’t be sure of availability on your dates..

If i have to speculatively transfer i do it accor only..

@Harry1 @drsel

I have 0 points right now, but looking forward to collect about 50-75k MB & 1.75-2lk Edge Reward (23p after 45 days) over the next 2 months.).
You can get 75k points on Magnus Burgundy for crossing 1.5 lacs spend in a calendar month.
But how will you get 2 lacs edge points?

Magnus Burgundy points for spends in a calendar month on non excluded categories--
1 lac = 6000
1.5 lac = 9000
2.5 lac = 26500
3.5 lac = 44000
5.5 lac = 79000

Last edited:
You can get 75k points on Magnus Burgundy for crossing 1.5 lacs spend in a calendar month.
But how will you get 2 lacs edge points?

Magnus Burgundy points for spends in a calendar month on non excluded categories--
1 lac = 6000
1.5 lac = 9000
2.5 lac = 26500
3.5 lac = 44000
5.5 lac = 79000
The 23p for the AEP comes in EDGE Rewards na.

Transfer to airline partner should be done only when you ready to book and have availability unless you very sure of it. Like i had transferred to Krisflyer for my newzealand trip as i was fairly certain or availability and points required and krisflyer is a stable program.. especially if you using ffp miles to book some partner airline it can be more tricky.. like united for vistara, lufthansa etc. you can’t be sure of availability on your dates..

If i have to speculatively transfer i do it accor only..
My travel is 100% certain but the ffp points isn't na.

I have to wait till Sept to get the points for AEP.

As long as the Magnus Burgundy is showing zero balance ( you will get this MB bucket in Edge Reward screen in a day or two) , then you can transfer any number of points in the regular ER bucket ( at 5:4 ratio) without worrying about the balance there . Try to empty it out as much as possible now , before using the new upgraded card , to avoid problems in transfer later.

If you start spending using new Magnus card then points will start appearing there in BM bucket also. After that You need to make sure the points balance in BM is in multiples of 12 after doing any transfer from that bucket ( transfer should be in multiples of 300 only from BM to avoid issues later) so that it is possible to make it 300 later ( by a small trick) and then empty it , so that if you get any additional ER points ( for old magnus/debit card /milestones etc) later then you transfer them also at 5:4. But if you get AEP points by the middle of December and BM balance is an odd number, then it will be a little difficult. But in sometime future there will be an option to select the source bucket to transfer ER points , with different ratios.
My MB Balance is 54. How do I make it zero now?

Spend upto 5000 more and get it to 300+ MB points or if u have spent any thing in last week wait for those points to come and then check
But if I transfer the exact points out (try to make it zero), it doesn't become zero since it moves normal ER points to MB bucket after the transfer.. So only solution left is keeping on doing small transfers, which gets annoying.

Phone customer care to transfer all your points manually at 5:4 ratio
i tried with them, they refuse to it for me, they say i have to do it myself , even if takes 100 times to do so.
any way to convince them to do so.?
i talked on customer care.
will email be different?

Back