• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RuPay Transactions Failure Rate is High?

SmartSave

TF Premier
I recently switched my Tata Neu Infinity Card from Visa to RuPay a few weeks ago and added it to CRED, PayZapp, PayTM, and GPay.

I attempted to make payments using the UPI QR code of the merchant (CRED/PayZapp), but encountered failures. Despite multiple attempts, the scanner method continued to fail. Subsequently, I tried the tap to pay feature at two different locations in the city, but it also proved unsuccessful (Different days). Ultimately, I resorted to swiping the card, which worked. It's worth noting that Tap to Pay and online/PoS payments were both enabled. Initially, I dismissed these issues, thinking they might have been isolated incidents.

Later, I attempted to use ICICI's Coral RuPay card for an online transaction. However, on the OTP page, after receiving the OTP, the page malfunctioned, leading to a dropped transaction. I had to use another Visa card for the payment.

Today, I made another attempt to pay via UPI (CRED) payment to a merchant, using my default Tata Neu card. Once again, it failed, citing that the card/network was down. Consequently, I had to use bank's UPI for the transaction.

After these experiences, it's apparent that the RuPay network may not be as refined as it could be. This isn't an isolated incident; rather, it appears to be a recurring issue with the network itself, rather than the individual banks. I've rarely encountered such difficulties with Visa or Mastercard.

While I intend to persist and hope for improvements over time, I must admit that the current experience has been somewhat disappointing and even embarrassing, given the instances of declined card payments and the resulting inconvenience.

What you think could be wrong?

P.S. I've tried again another day and it worked, so it's hit or a miss. Not a persistent problem.

shubham0976

TF Select
Yes, we are the beta users.

ICICI is not officially announced for RuPay CC link UPI yet.

You cannot test the system properly without releasing it, another thing is that other bank RuPay cc link UPI working perfectly, only 10% users face this problem but ICICI RuPay CC link UPI. Almost everyone face this refund problem.
U also faced problem in icici rupay cc txn? Is it refunded?

shubham0976

TF Select
You need to pay ₹15000, also imobile is not live yet for cc link UPI. Use paytm upi or cred upi.

If you had done the chargeback before the bill was generated, the bank would have given you a temporary credit but now its impossbile but still you can apply for chargeback and pay your current bill.

Note - Chargeback customer support team and normal customer support team are different. You need to force them to apply for chargeback or transfer your call to Chargeback customer support team but you also need to wait atleast 5-7 working days before apply for chargeback.
imobile is live for cc link

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
U also faced problem in icici rupay cc txn? Is it refunded?
No, i used Cred UPI app for ICICI coral RuPay cc link UPI, failed transaction refund always credited within 24hrs automatically.

I already shared auto refund statement screenshot in comment section.

imobile is live for cc link
But icici customer care told imobile is not live yet for cc link UPI, maybe imobile still on beta testing.

SamPtnk

TF Ace
I got a SMS that my payment failed because I've disabled international online payments, even though merchant is local. After enabling, it is working for now.

Screenshot_20230911-132543_Messages.png
11166.jpg

I recently switched my Tata Neu Infinity Card from Visa to RuPay a few weeks ago and added it to CRED, PayZapp, PayTM, and GPay.

I attempted to make payments using the UPI QR code of the merchant (CRED/PayZapp), but encountered failures. Despite multiple attempts, the scanner method continued to fail. Subsequently, I tried the tap to pay feature at two different locations in the city, but it also proved unsuccessful (Different days). Ultimately, I resorted to swiping the card, which worked. It's worth noting that Tap to Pay and online/PoS payments were both enabled. Initially, I dismissed these issues, thinking they might have been isolated incidents.

Later, I attempted to use ICICI's Coral RuPay card for an online transaction. However, on the OTP page, after receiving the OTP, the page malfunctioned, leading to a dropped transaction. I had to use another Visa card for the payment.

Today, I made another attempt to pay via UPI (CRED) payment to a merchant, using my default Tata Neu card. Once again, it failed, citing that the card/network was down. Consequently, I had to use bank's UPI for the transaction.

After these experiences, it's apparent that the RuPay network may not be as refined as it could be. This isn't an isolated incident; rather, it appears to be a recurring issue with the network itself, rather than the individual banks. I've rarely encountered such difficulties with Visa or Mastercard.

While I intend to persist and hope for improvements over time, I must admit that the current experience has been somewhat disappointing and even embarrassing, given the instances of declined card payments and the resulting inconvenience.

What you think could be wrong?

P.S. I've tried again another day and it worked, so it's hit or a miss. Not a persistent problem.
Failure rate in HDFC tata neu cards are high . I closed my tata neu plus for same reason. other rupay cards like axis IOCL,BOB easy and ICICI coral has very rare failure

harsh1387

TF Ace
Failure rate in HDFC tata neu cards are high . I closed my tata neu plus for same reason. other rupay cards like axis IOCL,BOB easy and ICICI coral has very rare failure
I have done atleast 30-40 transactions via Neu infinity upi so far on Paytm app. Not a single failure rate. If merchant shows as accepting rupay card then transaction goes through.

Sahilhenzy

TF Ace
What is happening to BOB I have 2 rupay card in Bob all transactions are getting failed from last 3 days. Getting error (Temporary Down) changed multiple merchant still persist