• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary account suggestion please

gamecreepers

TF Buzz
I'm getting a job with 3.5 l per month salary. Already hold infinea card and hdfc imperia account. Kindly suggest me the bank with good benefits in terms of debit card and credit card

Thinking of Bank of Baroda but it seems they don't give radiance benefit just for salary account. Also I may not get opulence card or eterna ltf. They agreed to give sapphire ltf.

I think axis M4B for salary accounts is over. So please suggest me which is better.

Thank you all

I'm getting a job with 3.5 l per month salary. Already hold infinea card and hdfc imperia account. Kindly suggest me the bank with good benefits in terms of debit card and credit card

Thinking of Bank of Baroda but it seems they don't give radiance benefit just for salary account. Also I may not get opulence card or eterna ltf. They agreed to give sapphire ltf.

I think axis M4B for salary accounts is over. So please suggest me which is better.

Thank you all
@Vasuki @SSV @Techfino please

1. Stay with HDFC, push them for Infinia reserve once they launch.
  2. Currently the best DC is IDFC Private.
    1. 1% CB on online spends till 50K and 2.5% later on . The best for paying income taxes and CC bills via DC. Search in the forum for more details.
off topic : if you don't mind whats your experience in years and domain of working ?

PS : congrats for being wise in NOT choosing axis 🪓

Thank you all
Where do you spend

What u can get regardless

1- sbi cashback card
2- hsbc cashback card
3- axis airtel if you have Airtel wifi etc

4- idfc wealth account ( dc ) for paying cc bills

If you travel and spend time in marriot hotels
Then u try hands on. Atlas and amex
Else u are good

1. Stay with HDFC, push them for Infinia reserve once they launch.
  2. Currently the best DC is IDFC Private.
    1. 1% CB on online spends till 50K and 2.5% later on . The best for paying income taxes and CC bills via DC. Search in the forum for more details.
off topic : if you don't mind whats your experience in years and domain of working ?

PS : congrats for being wise in NOT choosing axis 🪓
I'm a doctor

Thank you brother. What are the notable benefits of the account. 🙏

Ps: did search the forum. Didn't get any. Sorry

@Zacobite and @BVC .. any help you can offer @gamecreepers mate .. thanks

Among these which one you prefer the best. Already have hdfc imperia and have infinia ltf.. so prefer others
- Axis 🪓 Non Trustable with Burgundy and their banking policies

- HDFC - As you already hold you can ignore

- IDFC - Wealth Banking doesn’t add any value with recent devaluations and easy available for everyone.

- ICICI Wealth - You can try this and negotiate with RM for some perks like locker and Emeralde Metal card. (try scouting for new branches if possible)

If you are looking for PSU banks, then SBI is a good option. You can easily get their Rhodium Rupay Select DC complimentary (which is feature rich DC, check TF thread on same for rupay offers) and also ELite CC is given complimentary on negotiation. Your profile also qualifies for SBI Aurum CC which is their top segment card but sold separately. Overally, having a salary account with SBI may help you in everything

If you are looking for PSU banks, then SBI is a good option. You can easily get their Rhodium Rupay Select DC complimentary (which is feature rich DC, check TF thread on same for rupay offers) and also ELite CC is given complimentary on negotiation. Your profile also qualifies for SBI Aurum CC which is their top segment card but sold separately. Overally, having a salary account with SBI may help you in everything
SBI CCs are paid right?

For hdfc salary account, does our company needs to be associated with hdfc ? Or just showing the payslips would work while opening the account ?

@Zacobite and @BVC .. any help you can offer @gamecreepers mate .. thanks
@gamecreepers Firstly If you are a doctor and are getting salary then do you get an option to choose your salary account via the employer?

HSBC / SCB / DBS have the best service programs for premium customers now after the citibank closure. You may have steep NRV requirements for all but the service is great.. The debit and credit cards in all these banks are fairly ordinary as compared to the axis m4b / infinia benefits.. But for banking these are the better ones.. HSBC will have extremely good international banking benefits / for family as well.. Also have extremely competitive loan offerings and forex, events etc.. They are not very high on basic rewards and points etc.. More on experience / conceirge / home banking etc.. Grievance resolution will also be better as they pick their bankers carefully.

I would suggest you check out HSBC & SCB.

Amongst the Indian banks one of the under rated ones is Kotak Privy League Black..But being local.. may be hit and miss if your RM leaves.. But A very good option to the traditional HDFC / Axis who are really bad..IDFC is aggressive and trying hard to be innovative.. still a long way to go to become premium..

ICICI Premier is also not bad..

Net net - International banks for the service and experience.. Stick to HDFC and other mainstream Indian Banks for Credit Card Value..

** From Personal experience with HSBC / HDFC / Axis / SCB / Kotak / IDFC and ICICI.. None with DBS ***

Last edited:
Back