• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Salary is credited in savings account.

ashishhhh

TF Buzz
Hello, I went through the other threads but I still have some doubts. My salary (around 1 lakh) is credited in savings account (HDFC) and I do not wish to open another account or convert current savings account to salary account, does credit card companies see it differently? I am looking to apply for decent credit cards. Credit history is around 5 years old, repaid 2 car loans fully, CIBIL is 780+. But HDFC didn't offer me any CC (pre-qualified) since I had one from them 6 years ago which I misplaced and it was only used once. I was thinking to apply to other CC, will my salary being credited to savings account be an issue?

Solution
Salary and CIBIL score won't be an issue, neither do I have any default or bad remarks on my CIBIL report.
We do use Amazon very frequently but its a single account for my family under my mother's name, is it fine to apply through that since the name on account will be different than that of Apay application. Or use my Amazon business account?
Another question, can I initiate application and if it asks me for income proof, I can upload those later? or it will be an issue for application to stay like that?

You can easily change the name in Amazon account
Amazon pay credit card is not a business credit card icici can reject your application if you apply through business account
If ask for income proof you have upload before vkyc...
Hello, I went through the other threads but I still have some doubts. My salary (around 1 lakh) is credited in savings account (HDFC) and I do not wish to open another account or convert current savings account to salary account, does credit card companies see it differently? I am looking to apply for decent credit cards. Credit history is around 5 years old, repaid 2 car loans fully, CIBIL is 780+. But HDFC didn't offer me any CC (pre-qualified) since I had one from them 6 years ago which I misplaced and it was only used once. I was thinking to apply to other CC, will my salary being credited to savings account be an issue?
No, that's not an issue. It'll be helpful for you only. Because hdfc will know that's your salary

Not a big issue but bank offers
CreditCard and other financial products easily to salary account holder

It's sure got closed due to inactivity. Check CIBIL to see if there are any remarks on the closed account. And where did you check for hdfc pre approved offer?
Check with this link.
Nope. CIBIL shows it active, HDFC mobile app shows it active and netbanking doesn't show it at all. I emailed them to close it and they said contact with registered email ID which I never added in first place, guess I will have to go to the bank itself.

Not a big issue but bank offers
CreditCard and other financial products easily to salary account holder
Understood. But do you think I can get ICICI Amazon Pay? I have a business account with them, around couple of months old, what is their main criteria? I can give pay slip and bank statements, not Form 16 since I didn't get salary before. Long story short got some family business under my name and started taking salary officially from another one. :/

Understood. But do you think I can get ICICI Amazon Pay? I have a business account with them, around couple of months old, what is their main criteria? I can give pay slip and bank statements, not Form 16 since I didn't get salary before. Long story short got some family business under my name and started taking salary officially from another one. :/
Yes
Salary around 40k to 50k required for Amazonpay credit card as per icici bank
Cibil 750 or above
No dafaut in cibil report
icici offer Amazonpay credit card without income proof if you use amazon app frequently for shopping

Last edited:
Yes
Salary around 40k to 50k required for Amazonpay credit card
Cibil 750 or above
icici offer Amazonpay credit card without income proof if you use amazon app frequently for shopping
Salary and CIBIL score won't be an issue, neither do I have any default or bad remarks on my CIBIL report.
We do use Amazon very frequently but its a single account for my family under my mother's name, is it fine to apply through that since the name on account will be different than that of Apay application. Or use my Amazon business account?
Another question, can I initiate application and if it asks me for income proof, I can upload those later? or it will be an issue for application to stay like that?

Nope. CIBIL shows it active, HDFC mobile app shows it active and netbanking doesn't show it at all. I emailed them to close it and they said contact with registered email ID which I never added in first place, guess I will have to go to the bank itself.
If it's showing on the mobile app, are you able to alter card usage settings? try blocking the card and see if they reissue the card.
Or
If you can see the last 4 digits in the mobile app or if you remember it.. go to https://mycards.hdfcbank.com/ on mobile and add the card using the last 4 digits. Then go to services and close the card or whatever you wanna do.

Amazon pay credit card is not a business credit card icici can reject your application if you apply through business account
If ask for income proof you have upload before vkyc you can't do kyc process before uploading income proof

Solution
convert current savings account to salary account
may I ask why so ?

The account status can be changed anytime... Plus point of changing it to salary status would be 0MAB feature.

If salary isn't deposited for 3 months, the account will be rolled back to either whatever it was or to classic/preferred/imperia account as per NRV (can be discussed with RM)

Also, Salary account might give benefit of Credit card application (if discussed with BM) as well.

If it's showing on the mobile app, are you able to alter card usage settings? try blocking the card and see if they reissue the card.
Or
If you can see the last 4 digits in the mobile app or if you remember it.. go to https://mycards.hdfcbank.com/ on mobile and add the card using the last 4 digits. Then go to services and close the card or whatever you wanna do.
It worked, thank you so much. They asked for 7 days and said it will be closed.

If ask for income proof you have upload before vkyc you can't do kyc process before uploading income proof
Understood. Thank you!
Although a new AU Finance bank opened near my place, might check that one out too.

may I ask why so ?

The account status can be changed anytime... Plus point of changing it to salary status would be 0MAB feature.

If salary isn't deposited for 3 months, the account will be rolled back to either whatever it was or to classic/preferred/imperia account as per NRV (can be discussed with RM)

Also, Salary account might give benefit of Credit card application (if discussed with BM) as well.
Firm's relationship is with SBI and I don't want an account there. AMB isn't an issue for me.

Yes
Salary around 40k to 50k required for Amazonpay credit card as per icici bank
Cibil 750 or above
Well my cibil was below 750 and they didn't ask income proof when I applied for APay and I think Amazon has control on Apay applications because icici rejected my platinum cc application twice then Apay approved without any issues

Back